chapter six - unfortunate friend

I opened my eyes. I was lying in my bed just like always. The warmth of the bed soon lets go of me as I stands up. My mind is a little fuzzy, but the only thing I can remember is the deadly truth I've been hiding from myself for ages. The death of SUNNY. I get dressed and exit the room feeling a little anxious. I walk downstairs and open one of the cupboards in hopes of some food. There Isn't exactly much, but just some fruit. I guess I can spend the morning eating a banana I guess. I un peal the banana and as I finish eating I throw the leftover in the trash. I hear a knock on my door. It must be HERO again. As I go up to the door I hear a voice coming from the outside. 

"Hey, MARI. It's me, AUBREY! I remembered it was your last day here before moving out so I decided we should get the whole gang and stay at your house for a bit. Is that okay?" I gently open the door and walk out closing it behind me. She awkwardly giggles. "Ahaha... So umm... HERO should be here in a short while." I nod. "Ah... I see...." I see a man running towards us from the other side of the crosswalk. Taking a closer look I soon realise It's HERO. "Oh, there he is." AUBREY puts her hands in her pocket and looks at HERO.

HERO reaches us breathing heavily. "Hah... Hah... Wait a minute... You haven't left yet?" I turn my head away slightly. "No... I'll be moving tomorrow." HERO faintly smiles. "Ah... I see..." AUBREY looks away from me turning attention to HERO once more. "Did you find the others?" HERO looks at AUBREY being slightly confused. "Others...? You mean-" AUBREY harshly yells at him. "Didn't we plan to take the entire gang before MARI leaves to visit her house?" HERO shamefully looks away. "Right...." I rest my hand on AUBREYS  shoulder. "It's alright, AUBREY. We have plenty of time to look for them before I move."

AUBREY looks away. "Guess so..." HERO giggles softly. "Ahaha... I think we should start by going to the basketball area. KEL usually goes there." AUBREY nods. "Sure."

We all start walking towards the designated area. As we walk I once again have an uneasy urge to hold HERO's hand, but I hold back from doing so. I slightly sigh. "Are you okay, MARI?" I look back at AUBREY. "H-huh? What do you mean...?" AUBREY looks at me with a slight concerned tone on her face. "I mean... Y'know... You seem quite tired and unstable... weak.... Are you? Uhh... Is everything alright...?" I giggle to myself. "Ahaha... Don't worry about it..." HERO speaks up. "We're here!" Looking up I can feel the nostalgia of visiting the playground when we were kids. A tear almost rolls down, but I hold back. I remember how we used to come here every now and then. Back when SUNNY was here with us...

As we approach closer to the location I see that there are some sketchy looking kids. I see a group of teenagers smoking cigarettes. I have an uneasy shiver down my spine. "Yo! What are you doing here? Oh, hey MARI!" KEL's voice caught me off guard. I look at him. The sun shines within his eyes as his smile reaches his ears. "Oh, hi KEL." I awkwardly wave at him. AUBREY crosses her arms. "So... Here's the thing... We don't really want to waste any time so I'll try to make this as quick as possible, okay?" KEL nods. "All ears!" AUBREY speaks once again. "Ahem, So basically MARI will be leaving tomorrow so HERO and I planned that we could stay at MARI's house for the night, but in order to do so we need the whole gang to actually properly say goodbye to yet another childhood friend. So... uhh... Basically I-" KEL stops AUBREY. "Woah, really? I had no idea It'll be so soon! Alrightly! I'm joinin'!" AUBREY turns red. "B-but I didn't even get to finish!" 

"Sure, sure. So uhh... Are we going to MARI's house now..?" HERO looks at KEL with a slight annoyed tone. "Slow down, KEL! Did you forget that in order to have the whole group we need BASIL?" KEL looks away awkwardly. "Ah... Right... Well let's go looking for the guy already then! I don't wanna miss a single second of this!" AUBREY folds her arms. "What? We're going already? We haven't even talked about the certain locations we should visit in order to find him!" I awkwardly stand there. "W-well... Maybe let's try checking his house?" HERO nods. "Right, we should look there." KEL jumps. "With out a further a do let's get going!"