Chapter 4 - Regret

As I crawl in my bed the the black thing with the eye keeps looking over me. I close my eyes tightly as the sunrise sinks into nothingness pulling the night moon further. I slowly start to fall asleep.

As I wake up I am back to my black and white self in this plain white room. Mewo is still sleeping on my bed and the floor is cold as always. What was up with the dreamworld yesterday anyway? Everyone was bathed in colours; pink, blue and purple while me and SUNNY were black and white. As if he was a spirit. I peek through the key hole once again as I see KEL approaching the door looking in the key hole too."Look, guys! It's OMARI!" OMARI? Where did they pull that name from? Last time they regularly called me MARI, but where did they get the 'O'? They also called SUNNY in the name of OMORI.

I open the door and walk inside. Just like usual there was the pink carpet as well as the multicoloured stairs. "OMARI! You are just in time." I awkwardly giggle. "Ahaha... Yes I am!" AUBREY hugs me and looks up. "Ahaha! Welcome back!" HERO walks up to me. "So the problem is that we haven't seen basil yet. It's been hours and he still hasn't arrived to the picnic nor sleepover area so we were waiting for you so that we could look for him together. I nod. "Hmmm... Okay..!" I wonder why BASIL hasn't come yet. We walk up the stairs that lead to the tree stump or in other words the dreamworld.

As I crawl out I get greeted with the soft sensation of the minty grass. Looking forward I see SUNNY on the checkered picnic area. He was sitting alone without BASIL to accompany him. As soon as he sees me he goes up to me and hugs me. "OMARI, You are just in time. BASIL is gone...." Suddenly my brother is in the same colour scheme as my other friends. "That's right, SUNNY. I already told her..." Why are they calling him SUNNY all of a sudden? Wasn't he called OMORI minutes ago? KEL speaks up. "We should look for him in the vast forest!" 

"Why that forest though? Wouldn't we need to like go to his house first or something?" HERO nods. "Thats right. We should probably start with areas that BASIL is attached to personally." KEL pouts. "Hmph... Fine..."

-----------------------

As we reach his house I get a mysterious vibe from it. He seems to live in some shoe. 

As I walk in his house is filled with a dark and creepy atmosphere all though it is cute and pink, and purple just like everything else here. SUNNY hugs me. "OMARI... I-I'm scared..." I stroke his hair. "Don't worry little brother... It will be okay! You are safe with me..." SUNNY nods as I feel him get a bit safer. We explore all of the rooms until we discover an odd room. It had spider webs all over the place, but the thing that really caught our attentions was that giant whole in the middle. "W-what's that whole doing there..? C-could it possibly be that BASIL fell in there....?" AUBREY panicked, but HERO tried his best to keep his own cool as well as the others. 

"It's fine all of you! This world is quite full of surprises so... Even though this may look scary maybe It's just a prank? Like by a sprout mole?" I look down as I sit on the edge of the whole dangling my feet of the floor. "I doubt it..." KEL pushes AUBREY closer to the whole. "Well it never hurts to find out!" 

"Wait no- I-" AUBREY falls into the whole. I could see that she tries to scream, but the impact of the fall is so big that she can't even mutter a word. "That looks... Far..." KEL looks down in slight shame. "W-we should jump too... I don't think anything will hurt us anyway..." 

HERO and KEL jump off as well. That leaves me and SUNNY here being the last ones here. "SUNNY... Since we are alone... Can I ask you something..?" SUNNY nods. "Well... Don't you hate me.... That I... Killed you..?" SUNNY suddenly looks at me with an angry expression. The room glitches as we are sent back at the sleepover area that was the entrance to the outside dream world. However the room was in a mono colour scheme just like me while SUNNY is the only colourful thing here. Suddenly My friends appear behind SUNNY. They all seem like they're crying black tears with broken sobs. "You weren't supposed to tell them... You weren't supposed to remind them... Now look what you've done..!" SUNNY pushes me on the door as my back hits it making such a strong impact that the door even opens. 

"Go back... They weren't meant to know the truth..." 

As he pushes me in the room he locks me up. I look around. It's the same white space, but... It's black... I already know there's something wrong with this place. As I look behind me mewo is nowhere to be seen. It's only a key....