Chapter Ten

Waking up for me the next morning was quick for me. I was the first one to see Four in the hospital wing.

"Where in the hell did you learn to fight like that? It took me at least 4 years to do that." He mumbles. I let out a sigh.

"I learned from someone, some looks up, his eyes one I hope to never see again." He looks up, his eyes asking for more answers.

"You can tell me more, it's just and I in this room." I pull up chair and ball my fists, hoping that I don't cry.

"Alright, when my mother was 16, she took the test and found out that terrible news of being Divergent. From then on, she made it her every move to cover up her tracks and make sure no one found out. That's when she met my mom, they fell in love, blah, blah, blah and had me. That's when things took a change." I let out a sigh and looked a up at Four's face, full of confusion, yet full of calmness. "someone found out, that she was Divergent, and killed her. On the spot, in front of me and my father. My father took it hard.

I mean hard. Yes, we were in Amity, but that didn't stop him from doing what he did. He had friends that helped him but alcohol and keep it a secret. Then he started to get physical, and taking out on me. He did all he could to make sure that my life was a living hell." I scooted out my chair, turning around and lifting up the back of my shirt, to reveal a huge scar that my dad had mad when he threw a knife at my back. I suddenly felt Four's finger outline the scar. I turn back around and run my finger along the scar on my face. "these are things he did to me, things he thought 'was for my own good' I was so...relieved when my test showed up as.." I paused, I couldn't tell him that I too was Divergent.

"Scar, you don't have to tell me. I already know, right when you said that your mother was Divergent, I knew you were too." He leans in up to my ear, "I am too." I nod my head and lean back in my chair.

"He came. To visiting hours and warned me of something. I blew him away, and told him to save it, then walked out. He said something about Jeanine and me being on the same team as her." I shake my head and scoot out my chair, "I'll see you training."