Chapter Eighteen

I finally did have a good amount of sleep, but I never did get a report on Four.
"You need food in your body." Christina mumbles throwing off my blanket.
"Who said I needed food." I growl.
"I did, you haven't eaten in a week, you need food, you body can't function correctly without it." She replies. I stay silent for a second then pull myself out of bed.
     When we make it into the dining hall, all eyes are on me. I just ignore it and make my way over to Eric.
"Looks like sleeping beauty finally decided to wake up and join us." Without even thinking, I push myself out of my chair and grab his shirt, pulling him just inches away from my face.
"I'm so done with your little ass comments. Killing you right now would be so entertaining to me I cou-"
"Samantha, put him down." A voice states gently. My grip on Eric's shirt immediately loosens when I recognize the voice.
Four-Tobias. His arm is in a cast, and he still has a bad black eye. He grabs my hand and presses against his lips.
"I'm so sorry." I sob and I wrap my arms carefully around his neck.
"Don't apologize, you weren't you." He whispers. Without thinking, I crash my lips on him, and savor the sweet moment. I push aside all -oh's and ah's, I just take in the moment that I'm back with the person I can't live without.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I told you I wasn't going anywhere, remember? I have to protect you." He whispers as we walk down the hallway.
"I remember." I reply, as I kiss him one last time before I turn into my dorm.