2 • Lavender Rose

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."

-AESOP

-·~•♪°♪•~·-

"Lady Y/N, you deeply worried me! Not just me, but everyone in the mansion was worried sick! What are you even doing here, all the way over Roppongi?! I heard from the maids outside that Ryu came to get you for New year's eve feast with your family but when she came to your room, you weren't there! Everyone went looking for you all night and everyone was so worried, one of the twins started crying and I-"

"Haruki-san, please calm down. You are driving, please stop at the side of the road first and let us speak with each other."

And just like he was told to, Sato slowed down the car and stopped at the side of the road. He made sure the car was parked properly before he unbuckled his seat belt and turned his body around to face Y/N who was seated behind him.

"Lady Y/N, please explain.", Sato asked with furrowed eyebrows, earning him a sigh from his young master.

"It is what it looks like. I ran away from home.", Y/N admitted as she leaned her elbow on the window, a bored expression made its way on her face as she closed her eyes and crossed her legs.

"Well, I've kind of already figured that out but why?"

"To run away from my problems, of course.", Y/N stated in an as-a-matter-of-fact tone.

Sato sent the lady a worried look as he felt pity for her. He was aware of the situation inside the family but he was nothing more than a mere chauffer, even if he wanted to do something, he couldn't do anything. And most importantly, he can't betray the leaders of the Minamoto family; the ones who gave him this special job of being Lady Y/N's personal chauffer. All he could do was mentally support his master, Y/N, on the sidelines, but that doesn't mean he has never thought of wanting to betray the ones who hired him for Y/N who he spent more time with.

"Sorry.", Her apology had deepened the frown on Sato's face.

Sato Haruki treated her like his own child- He had been around her ever since she was young. For a special relationship to form between the two was inevitable. Sato would always look out for Y/N like she was his own daughter and the latter would see him as the father she never had. It was such a wholesome relationship between the two, really.

"You need not to apologize Lady Y/N. I understand your actions and I do believe that you need time for yourself.", Sato said as he gave her a smile in which the latter returned the gesture solemnly, "Thank you."

"But why did you come all the way here in Roponggi though?"

Indeed, what was she doing all the way to another city? The answer to that was simple. After Y/N decided to make a run for it yesterday, she had reached the train station and found out that it was the last train for the day due to new year's eve. Nonetheless, she boarded the train that was about to leave not minding that the destination was all the way to Roppongi. Y/N explained this event to Sato.

"I see. Oh well, are you ready to return now?", Y/N went silent for a few seconds before nodding her head. Sato sighed as he sent her a worried look for the last time before properly sitting on his seat, buckling up and starting the car.

Four minutes was spent in silence. Sato driving and Y/N leaning her head on her seat, almost dozing off to sleep, the two doing whatever they were doing, silently. Not until Sato clicked his tongue as he noticed something amiss.

Upon hearing the disappointed sound that her chauffer has made, Y/N's eyes shot wide open as she properly sat up and asked what was wrong.

"I was in such a hurry to come and get you that I completely forgot to refill the gas tank which I was supposed to do today. I apologize Lady Y/N.", Sato said as he looked at her using the car mirror with a worried expression on his face before slowing down the car and parking it on the side of the road once again before it ran out of gas.