•Chapter 4•

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

•Made up your mind•

TW : Profanity and Violence and mentions of assassination

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

Night had fallen yet again as you finished your long thought process. You already made a decision, but for now you needed to survive another night.

You set up your tent not too long ago and inflamed the small bonfire. You made sure that the village was already inactive before starting it of course since you didn't want some random villagers to investigate what was causing the smoke.

For now, you made sure to keep your guard up as you ate your MRE (Field Ration). What? You were practically immortal since you can just set your age to your liking and you've basically tried everything, so obviously you were a veteran.

You weren't on that field for long though since you might be immortal to age but you can still die of murder or anything else other than natural diseases or illnesses. You only received MRE from your former comrades on the field when they came to visit you and tell you that they just retired last week and they managed to sneak out a few.

Which you were thankful for, so now you don't have to steal an apple from the village market. As you munched on your food, you didn't fail to ignore the same feeling of a pair of eyes on you.

You sighed as you put your food safely on the rock you were sitting on and dusted off your clothes before pulling out your multitool and pepper spray. Your forgot you had it and you didn't know if it worked on demons so you wanted to test it out.

You defeated the demon after you did the same tactic as the first one you defeated but the only difference is you blinded its eyes with pepper spray before pinning it to ground just like last time. You thanked your luck that it was only weak demons as you noted down how pepper spray had the same effect on demons. Weak ones to be exact..

Your sleep was often cut off either by a demon trying to strangle you to death or a demon dragging you out of your tent, which you got a few scratches and bruises from because of the small rocks on the ground.

Morning came as you laid, face down in your sleeping bag, groaning as you punched the ground. "This is a FUCKING NIGHTMARE" you screamed into your sleeping bag before turning over to look up at your tent with and irritated expression.

"I'm gonna fucking find a way to get money so i can sleep in an inn next time..these demon bitches will never leave me the fuck alone." You grumbled as you massaged your temple.

At that, you sat up, cleaned up your temporary camp and left to never return. Not before cleaning up in a nearby river though, you sighed as you finally cleaned the scratches and dirt on your face after being dragged across the ground a few times last night.

You treated your minor wounds with your first aid kit, which was barely touched.

Now you were preparing yourself for another travel through time. Back to the Heian Era, as you stretched your limbs and made sure everything was in your bag.

You started to gather your focus and inhaled as you felt the familiar feeling of your power, everything flashed before your eyes before it came to a stop. You opened your eyes to be met by another forest, but this time you didn't have demons to worry about.

You had a pretty clear plan, start a career as a doctor. Become Kibutsuji's Doctor and from there you either Assassinate him or prevent him from taking the poison.

You knew the risks of these actions, but you recalled the unknown voice's words and you kept it in mind. If you get rid of Muzan or prevent Muzan from turning into a demon, everyone except their family members wont meet each other.

No one sharing memories with each other besides what they used to have, but at the price of their lives and no trauma from demons. No one would have to suffer because of demons. No one would have to get devoured or fight to end demons.

No demons. That was the price of getting rid of Kibutsuji.

You let out a determined huff before finding your way to a village and changing your form into a mature one yet again. You got stares from the villagers, either from your unique features or your manly attire.

You didn't pay them any mind as you continued to search for a doctors place to offer a helping hand, become popular as a doctor, catch Kibutsuji's eye and work your mind from there.

Which is easier said than done. But you were confident on your abilities to treat people, you had a past as a doctor after all and the best part is you learned every bit of modern treatments especially without the modern equipment.

You work best alone, you always did. Which is why you thanked the gods for giving you such a good power.

Sabito's POV :

I sighed as i swung my wooden sword for the thousandth time today. My mind being occupied by the Odd Lady Tomioka had been telling me about ever since i caught him slacking around yesterday.

I continued the same process before something caught my attention, From the corner of my eyes there was a piece of paper on Sensei's front door.

Sensei wasn't here since he went down the mountain to buy something. So i looked around to see if someone was there before dropping my wooden sword and stumbling towards the paper.

I carefully picked it up as i started to read it, my eye widened as i soon realized who this note was meant to be for and who it was from.

The paper said :

Greetings Fox boy with the red haori, it is me. The Lady you ran into yesterday. I just wanted to tell you to take care and that you aren't crazy. I was really there and i was the one that killed that demon. That is all, I won't be appearing anytime soon so i hope to see you in the far future and take care of your friend for me especially during the final selection. Trust me or you'll regret it forever.

-with love, your new friend :)

My mouth was wide open as i stared at the paper and reread it, the final selection? Regret it forever? What does that mean? But the Final Selection takes place two years from now? New friend? Really? Is that self proclaimed? But I'm Tomioka's only friend? This Lady really is odd.

My thoughts were cut off when i heard soft footsteps as i flinched and immediately threw it on the ground which caused it to fly slowly and land right in front of the owner of the footsteps i heard as i internally screamed.

The paper landed right in front of Tomioka who was now staring at the paper before bending down to look at it and turned to me with a questioning look as I looked away and whistled innocently.

He turned back to the paper to read it as his eyes slowly widened. I looked at him from the corner of my eyes as my eyes softened and a small smile formed on my lips.

-Back to [Name]'s Situation:

Your luck was endless by now, after looking for a doctor and asking around for half a damn day 'You finally found a doctor and she was absolutely kind hearted. Which relieved you.

The plan is already taking place smoothly, there's no turning back.

You've already made up your mind.