Finding an ally within Gods and Monsters

I sprint out of the dorm following behind Annabeth and Thalia. As we run, I still can't make sense of why Amphitrite would make her husband call a duel between Triton and Luke.

"A duel?? Why would they duel??"

"Because SOMEONE had to lead them both on." Thalia snarls as she stops running. She turns to throw me a cruel glare, looking like she'd enjoy nothing better than to strike me with lightning again.

"I DIDN'T lead Triton on!" I growl at her, causing her to stop running.

A mocking smile crosses her features. "Really? Well Annabeth, what do you call someone who flirts around with a GOD and then rejects him? I think you......"

"ENOUGH!" Annabeth demands, looking like she wants to smack the both of us. "Luke's in trouble, you can ether shut-up and we can get him out of this alive, or you two can argue over his grave!" She scowls, before taking off.

It was as if the fear of losing Luke was enough to make us listen to reason. We nod to one another before we take off after her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once the three of us get to the courtyard, we find Luke and Triton aren't around. There's no sign of them anywhere actually.....There's a herbs and plants class being taught, and a nymph from the day-care center is walking a small line of kids around to look at butterflies.

There's a couple random individuals here and there, but I see no sign of Luke anywhere.

"Where is he??" I yelp,terrified this duel has already taken place. What if something happened to Luke.......I shake my head of the negative thoughts, and begin looking around.

"Sophia!" Thalia roars to a fellow hunter across the yard. The girls head flicks up to realize her own name was called, before she jogs over to greet Thalia.

The girl looks slightly pale as she reached us. "I don't know where they would've taken him!" She whispers. "Amphitrite didn't want him backing out of it, so she had a couple people drag him off."

"To where??!" I screech, causing an overwhelming amount of people in the courtyard to stare at me in wonder.

The hunter Sophie rolls her eyes as if I greatly annoyed her. "Did you not hear me when I said I-don't-know where they would've taken him?" She snorts.

My jaw clenches, as I want to slap the hunter while she looks smug by her comment. Without even thinking it through, I use my black-mist of a shield to force the girl to the ground roughly. The girl looks to me in fear, as she tries struggling against my power to no avail.  I've gotten talented with using the shield, I'm able to turn it on within the blink of an eye.

"I HEARD you, I just thought it was such a ridiculously stupid thing to say after you hunters were charged with WATCHING him, I wanted to assume I heard you wrong." 0I growl, angry at the mere thought of Luke being hurt. He could be in the middle of getting killed somewhere, and this snobby girl who looks no more than fifteen is giving me attitude!

The girl looks petrified she isn't able to get up, until Annabeth grabs my shoulder. "We'll find him." She nods soothingly, before she lets go and takes off for the Poseidon dorm.

"Where are you going?!" Thalia and I shout in unison.

"I'm going to see if Percy or Tyson know where Amphtrite would take him for a duel!" She yells, before sprinting faster.

"Smart." Thalia mutters. She double-takes as I start to run away. "Where are YOU going??"

"To get backup! Find Artemis....She wont like that someone wants to mess with Luke when he's apart of her brothers prophecy...Actually, try finding Apollo too!." I command, before starting to run.