Stupid Cupid

I had no time to wonder why now two people thought that the sandy haired guy was a cyclops...Or even to wonder why the same guy doesn't like me. Percy and Annabeth haven't questioned my motives for leaving Halfblood whatsoever.

Nico on the otherhand, has been nagging me with questions nonstop since his arrival.

Why leave camp halfblood.....Why didn't I tell him beforehand...How could **I** possily believe I could lead a normal life..

"Geese! Will you let me get in a word edgewise!" I finally grunt, elbowing him in the ribs.

Nico shrugs sheepishly.

"All of you....You, Percy, Annabeth, Thalia....You've always known the god-side of your family...Mine, it's always been a bit of a mystery. I'm the daughter of a minor God who I barely knew. I'm not the same. I'm not close to any of my siblings, none of us really look out for one another....Heck, Cupid never had me go on any quests..."

I stop, as I was about to add "before now". But I'm not sure how many people are supposed to know about my quest.

Nico shakes my shouldes gently.

"Care.....I'm sorry but...You're not normal. You never will be. C'mon, you can make people love or hate eachother, you have an uber talent of sensing relationships between others....Those Apollo kids have nothing against your archery skills! I hate to break it to you, but you'll never lead a "normal" life."

"Sometimes I don't like you." I stick my tongue out at him.

He grins. "You love me and you know it!"

I shrug. "I'm somewhat fond of you.." I shove him gently.

"Good enough." He chuckles.

"Hey Carys! Do you want to stop by my dorm and pick out an outfit for the bon.....Who is this?" Clover asks, stopping in front of Nico and I.

She starts batting her eyelashes again.

This girl is going to cause me to gag.

"Nico di Angelo" Nico answers giving a half wave.

"My name's Clover.....I'm Carys's friend!" She throws in hastily, as if that'll make Nico suddenly like her.

Nico ignores her outstretched hand until I throw him a look.

He sighs and returns the handshake. "Nice to meet you."

"I didn't know that Carys knew so many people here...That's like, really cool you guys know eachother...." She trails off, seemingly lost for words.

"Yeah..." Nico raises his eyebrows at me, as if to say "Get her away from me!!"

"Uh Clover we'll see you later tonight...I'm going to show Nico to his dorm." I say, nodding towards the direction we were headed.

Clover looks between the two of us. "I'll tag along!" She says happily, completely oblivious to Nico's roll of eyes.

We walk past the Demeter dorm, that has a lot of people gardening on the grounds. Some woman are fixing plants off of the windows, otheres are growing what looks to be tomato plants next to the building.

Next we walk past a smaller dorm positioned next to the Ocean. It has a sea foam green trident hanging above the door, and I notice Triton and Percy are talking to a mermaid in the ocean behind the cabin. She must be a daughter of Poseidon.

We make it across the Hermes, Cupid, and Hera dorms until we're at a small dark building with skulls draping across the entrance.

"Wait...." Clover stops, glancing at Nico strangely. "Y-You're a son of Hades?" She gulps wide eyed.