•Chapter 5•

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

•Pick a Choice•

TW : Profanity, Self Degration

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

It wasn't long before you grew popular in the village, if it weren't for your great skills, it was your beauty. It was always either of those as your plan ran smoothly but still no sign of Kibutsuji taking interest.

You started to lose hope, you felt like a failure. You told yourself that every time despite your success in gaining popularity, but you knew that popularity wasn't the only thing you came here for and that made to feel bad about yourself.

For the first time in your life you doubted yourself, was it a mistake to start from here? Just how much changes has your existence in this time period caused? How much have your changed in the future? Question after question, your head was as chaotic as a jungle.

But then the day finally came, you were called to treat Kibutsuji Muzan's condition. This was it, this was finally it, two months of loitering around as a mere doctor finally paid off.

There you were, bowing in front of Muzan as he sat in his futon and gave you a small bow, accompanying a small smile. You stood straight as you made eye contact with the soon-to-be demon progenitor, you pitied him and his situation really.

Unbeknownst to you Muzan was staring at you at awe and a pinch of hope, was this angel really gonna be his potential savior? Or will she be a fake like the others? He shook his head as he realized he was staring before clearing his throat.

"....Greetings, I assume you are [Last Name] [Name]?.." he greeted weakly as you perked up before shaking your head to snap out of your daze and nodding.

"Yes, I will do my best to treat you. I apologize in advance if i am unsuccessful in the future" You bowed again, making Muzan's brows raise.

"No no, please don't apologize. You won't know if you haven't tried yet correct? Please raise your head." He said as he weakly waved his hands in front of him with a nervous smile.

You straightened your position so suddenly catching Muzan off guard as he stared at your determined expression at awe. "You are correct! I apologize for my pessimism! Let's get to work shall we?" You said as your expression quickly turned into an expression used for business, serious and determined. Muzan slowly nodded in response, his nervous smile still there, he just noticed your small accent which made him chuckle weakly before he felt a sting in his chest and coughing.

You immediately came to his aid and pulled out a tumbler. You opened the tumbler as you quickly grabbed the cup near his futon and poured the liquid in it before handing it to him quickly.

"Please drink this, it's hot water with honey. It helps with the coughing." You explained as he tried to reach out but was cut off with more coughing making him unable to reach it. You immediately noticed and went to place the tip of the cup to his lips, he drank it quickly but carefully before his coughs halted his drinking.

You put the cup down beside his futon as you pat his back softly, soon enough his coughs started to stop. He rubbed his throat with a pained yet astonished expression, he slowly turned to you as you nodded to him with the same serious expression.

"Hot water with honey counters the cough." You explained as he blinked and nodded twice with the same astonished expression.

You raised a brow at his astonished staring before he blinked as he caught himself staring again. "I apologize for staring so much, it's just that my cough attacks usually last longer than 2 minutes.." he explained as your eyes slightly widened before nodding, he blinked with dotted eyes when you pulled out a notebook along with a strange long but small object from your rather large bag.

You excused yourself as you stated writing something down in your notebook, Muzan let his mouth form an 'o' as he realized the long small object was an ink brush..but different?..how is it even doing that?

You glanced up at him so suddenly as he immediately snapped out of his confused daze and stared back, you straightened your posture as you looked at him with a stern expression.

"Please tell me more about your illness and how it usually goes without treatment. I need a reference so i recognize what I'm doing better." You explained as he understood quickly and nodded.

You two sat talking to each other, you giving him advise and explaining to him about his condition (avoiding to mention that he will die at the age of 20) as he listened intently.

Then it was finally time for you to leave, you bid your farewells as your turned to leave.

"Just a second!" Muzan weakly called out as you stopped on your tracks to turn back at him with your same nonchalant expression. He gulped before opening his mouth to speak,

"Thank you..Thank you so much for everything you have educated me on today! I have high hopes that you will be the one to cure me!" He said as he bowed, lower than the one he gave her earlier 'signifying his genuine gratefulness.

You blinked as you turned to him fully as he got up to stare back.

"..."

"...you can't be cured, I told you that earlier-"

"Yes yes. I know, You mentioned something about treatments correct?"

"Yes-"

"That is good enough for me. As long as i live."

You blinked as you tilted your head with a conflicted expression, it felt odd to see such a cruel and heartless character act with such kindness.

Characters. That's right. You still saw them as characters and not actual people, why? Because your brain is failing to process where it is and what your reality is now. But you knew some day you'll actually be able ito see them as people after..a few events.

From then on Muzan Kibutsuji and [Name] [Last Name] started their blossoming friendship. Well maybe just on Muzan's side since he self proclaimed her as his first friend even if she denied it.

Attachments are gonna be the one to bring you down one day and you knew that. Which was why you need to pick a choice before that happens.