32

"Ginagawa niyan dito? Buhay pa pala iyan."

Based on Calton's first words when Clayden arrived, I realized that inviting them in one lunch setting might be a bad idea. I still hoped for the opposite.

"Calton." I tapped his leg, reminding him to behave.

"Hindi siya welcome rito." Walang pakialam si Ton sa pakiramdam ng kapatid namin.

Napabuntong-hininga ako bago tumingin kay Clayden. I haven't seen him in a long time. His height had nearly equaled Calton's, and their features had become more similar. Serious.

"Clay!" A small excited smile crawl on his lips when he saw me got up. I've missed you so much!" I exclaimed, wrapping my arms around him.

"Hi, Ate. Kamusta?" He hugged me back and tapped my back a little. "Na miss po kita..."

"Napakaplastic, shet!" react agad ni Calton at pinalo pa ang lamesa.

"Calton, be in your best behavior. Have some decency," seryosong sabi ni Kuya Cadmus, pulling a chair beside him and gesturing Clay to sit there.

"Kuya," naiilang na bati ni Clay. Tipid na tumango si Kuya sa kaniya kaya napayuko siya.

I itched my head and closed my eyes, panicking inside because it was obvious that no one actually wanted him here except for me. How am I supposed to handle this?!

I cannot blame them. Apart from me and Kuya KD, Calton didn't want to be associated with any member of our family. Meanwhile, Kuya had become distant towards Clay ever since his accident, and he knew who Clay had sided with.

Ako ang nagbuhat ng conversation namin hanggang sa dumating ang in-order naming pagkain. I put rice and viand on their plates before pouring lemonade into all of our glasses. Before I started eating, I double-checked that everything was set.

Almost all of the topics that I can think of was spitted out. "You're planning to take up legma? Wow! That's nice!" Tinanong ko kasi si Clay ano'ng plano niya sa college.

"Opo. Gusto ko maging lawyer tulad ni Kuya."

I noticed Kuya halted from cutting his salmon, a smile on his lips. Clay's eyes sparkled when he saw that, as if he had received the validation he wanted. His reaction made my heart ache a little.

"Hindi ka bagay maging lawyer. Kabaligtaran noon mas kapanipaniwala pa. Iba kaya sinasamba mo." Calton rolled his eyes in annoyance.

Clay's brows furrowed in confusion with a little pain in his eyes. "What do you mean by that?"

"Painosente pa. Mana ka nga sa pinsan mo. Well-trained." Ton scoffed sarcastically.

"Calton, don't start." Kuya Cadmus' expression was stoic. Hindi ko alam ano'ng ire-react ko dahil pakiramdam ko, mauungkat na ang nakaraan.

"Pumunta kayong lahat sa syudad para mag-aral at iniwan n'yo ako," Clay said when he understood Calton's point.

"You chose to stay," Calton clarified. "You looked up the wrong people. Don't blame us for whoever you became, Clayden."

"How sure are you that I wanted to stay here?" Clayden smiled bitterly. "I stayed because you didn't give me a choice to choose..."

Calton winced, not liking the drama going on. "Stop acting like you didn't live the life you wanted-"

"I just want to have lunch with all of you. I don't want any fight. If you can't give me that, I may as well leave," I calmly interrupted them.

Manipulation... that was what happened to Clay. I was sure of it. He was still a child then. Wala siyang muwang sa mundo. But now, he's repenting. It's clear in his actions. The reasons as to why he seek validation and simple approvals from us.