Ch 6: Worst Ending

Note: Not as dark as you might think.

"Come out, come out, Marinette. Don't make me come and find you."

Marinette did not flinch.

"So you want to play hide and seek then? Really? This will be fun!"

Reality walked away to begin his search.

"Monster..." she whispered. A little too loudly. She heard a laugh and the car she was hiding behind was thrown away.

"Found you."

"S-stay away!" she threatened.

"Oh? What happened to you? You used to be so confident. Now you are afraid of my mere presence. You've turned soft."

"You killed so many people!!" she yelled.

"Did I? Or was it an illusion? Either way, you lost the game. Faster than I would have liked." Reality smirked in response.

He snapped his fingers and the world around them faded away to a black void. He walked past her and grabbed her by her leg, beginning to drag her along.

She wanted to struggle. Oh, how she wanted to struggle. But this void she was in was making it unbearably hard. It was as if she was completely unable to move her body.

"I wanted you to entertain me, but... Oh well."

A chainsaw came out of the ground. Not good.

Reality lifted her into the air...

Static

...

Adrien

As far as he knew, he was in deep trouble. An evil kwami was after him with the intent to kill. Evil? That didn't suit right. Monster? Oh yes.

This was not the Aatrox they faced within his mind. There, he was confident, smug, sinister... And as funny as that sounds, fair.

This was the Aatrox that was written about in the diary he read. The Aatrox who killed just for the sake of keeping his own sanity.

How? How was he the one after him? Shouldn't he be with Reality?

"You want to know?" Aatrox said from behind him.

Was he reading his thoughts?

"You didn't think my powers did not include mind reading, right?"

Creepy...

"Let's just say... Reality and I seperated. I simply gave him all my power to use. It's only one of my many powers. Unlike your Plagg, I can control my powers without causing a disaster in the world."

Why was he after him? Why now? Why today!? Why reveal themselves only after one year of no activity!?

"You shall find out soon enough. In fact, I think Reality will like his birthday gift..."

Ignoring everything Aatrox was saying, he ran faster and continued to slice through as many twisted versions of his loved ones as he could.

But he grew tired. Too tired too fast. He faceplanted to the ground, unable to keep going. He wanted out of this hell.

Just let this end.

"As you wish then, Adrien... Welcome to paradise..."

Without saying anything, the world turned black and all that could be heard were screams.

Static

The world is full of the unknown. No matter where you looked, it was filled with wonders and beauty.