Chapter 9: The Duo Of Lovers

Quiet. Very quiet. Ladybug just arrived back in Paris. How did she get here so fast? That is what the space power-up for Tikki was for. Flight. The streets however, were, like mentioned before, quiet.

"Spots off" she called and detransformed.

"Marinette, are you sure coming back here was a good idea? I mean, look how deserted this place is!" Tikki asked.

"I can't just abandon Paris, Tikki. It's my home. I am exactly where I need to be..."

"And what do we hope to find here?"

Marinette did not reply. She did not know what they were expecting to find either. If there was any hope to stop this nightmare, she'd have to find survivors. And luckily, she knew a black cat that contraty to popular belief, had more good luck than bad. He definitely survived and is also looking for his lady.

"Tikki, spots on."

Tikki couldn't even tilt her head in confusion before she was just sucked into the earrings and transformed Marinette to Ladybug.

Ladybug grabbed her yo-yo and pocked the call option. She scrolled through the numbers until she found Cat Noir. She pressed call. Hopefully, he would answer it.

He did.

"Cat Noir!"

"LB? Is that you?"

"It's me, Adrien! Where-"

"Tell me something only you would know!"

"What?"

"Just do it impostor!"

Impostor? What was he talking about? Did Reality do something? Of course... He could conjure fake people at will, so perhaps that is why Cat Noir was so mistrustful.

"Okay, uhm... Remember the first day at school? Chloé put a chewing gum on my seat and there was a misunderstanding and I hated you for a while?"

"... Ok, it is you. Where are you?" Cat Noir asked.

"I'm in Paris. I just got back. Where is everyone?"

"I'll explain everything. Come meet me at Notre Dame. And be careful. Nowhere is safe."

Ladybug nodded and closed the call. She looked around for no particular reason. This place used to be so peaceful. People laughing and enjoying themselves. Now... Paris was just empty, void of any civilians. It was a sight... A sad sight. They had to find a way to put a stop this. One way or another.

Taking out her yoyo and tossing it like a grappling hook, she launched herself into the air and made her way towards Notre Dame.

Cat Noir was standing near the location, waiting for Ladybug. It did not take long for the two to meet up. Immediately after landing, Ladybug ran up and gave him a bonecrushing hug.

"Thank goodness you are okay." she said.

"You too..."

"What happened here?"

"Aatrox happened."

"Reality chased me out of Paris."

Cat Noir crossed his arms and looked up at the sky, not even a sign of any stars or clouds. It was just... Empty.

"Just what in the name of hell is going on...?"

"I'll tell you what's going on. We failed to just put an end to Reality the first time around and guess what? Now we are in a huge mess that is impossible to clean! Who knows how everyone else is doing! Paris is empty of any people and we are alone! That is what's going on!" Ladybug snapped.