chapter four

TW: mentions of panic attacks and heavy breathing.

Hazels POV:

i sit down against the house as i try and focus on something.

the gentle sway of the leaves as the wind cried hopelessly.

the cold light blue water in the pool a few metres away from the back door i had left out of.

the sun setting behind the tall bruce tree i'm sitting metres away from.

i can't focus on anything.

just negative things.

i hate this dress.

i hate being here.

i hate england.

i hate everywhere.

all i want is to fit in.

i hadn't even given the boys a chance.

what if...

what if there isn't a place for me?

tears blur my vision as my breathing deepens. i lean my head back mumbling, "i want a hug." as tears make their way down my face like a waterfall.

"hazel?" someone calls from the door, looking towards where i'm sitting.

i don't respond hoping they'd just disappear.

"hazel? are you okay?"

their not going away. shit, shit, shit!

i can't just shut this off, ill have to make up an excuse.

i quickly wipe my eyes but feel myself stick to the ground. it feels as though i'm frozen, something is holding me onto the ground not letting me go.

i realise who it is walking towards me.

it's harries, wearing light turquoise shorts with a plain white shirt that has the top button undone showing a bit of his very tanned neck.

before i know it he's bent down next to me.

"are you okay?" he asks.

"mhm." i mumble trying to control my shaking.

"why are you shaking?"

"i'm just cold." i half-lie.

"well then why are you out here?" he asks seeming pretty confused.

i shrug even though he can barley see me, due to the sun setting.

he sits next to me, leaning himself up against the house.

he knows i don't want to talk, but still decides to stay. that's the type of person i want. a person who knows you don't want to talk but still continues to stay, even if you try to push them away...

they still find a way back. harries seems like that type of person.

the tree that towers over us stops swaying as the winds' cries stop. all that is heard is me breathing and the loud music playing behind us with the boys shouting and laughing.

"do you start work tomorrow?" harries asks as we look straight ahead at the tree.

"the afternoon." i mumble placing my chin in my legs. "hoppo said he'd put me with one of the boys and then one of the days i'd stay with him."

i feel him nod his head and watch as he slightly moves, pulling his tanned legs up to his chest but slightly pulling them apart and placing his hands on his kneecaps.