Savior

TW: Implies Parental abu$e, slight mentions of a possible eating disorder

  Narrated POV:

  Y/n Flinched and turned around sharply, her dull eyes filling with fear again as she watched her father approach her angrily.
She backed away from him, Pressing herself against the window sill, gripping it with her free hand. As he reached and grabbed at her arm, missing narrowly as she dodged him, thanks to his drunken state.
He ripped the owl from her hands, earning a panicked yelp from her. Tears flowed from her eyes as it was thrown to the floor, and he moved towards her again.

"Come here, brat" He demanded, reaching for her. Her breathing grew panicked, as she backed up again.

  Suddenly, she tensed as an unfamiliar set of arms hugged themselves around her waist, and lifted her up, pulling her backwards and out of the window.
Her father paused in shock for a moment before shaking his head to see her Being steadied, on the other side of the window, by someone he didn't know. The boy, seemingly around the same age as y/n (your 16 in this btw), steadied her tensed body before pushing her towards the trees. Gripping his axe, and holding it in front of him as a threat.

 "Stay away from her" He growled, before twitching and turning to grab y/n's arm gently, and begin running up the hill and into the trees.

 Her Mother watched, frozen in place, with a horrified look on her face.
As y/n followed behind the boy while he tugged her along with him, her eyes sparkled with curiosity. His hands on her arm were strong but gentle, and he took care not to go too fast for her. After a while of running, he began to slow down and eventually came to a stop and caught his breath before looking back and meeting y/n's sparkling eyes.

    Toby's POV:

  The second the door was slammed open, my blood began boiling. Before I knew it, a yelp echoed from the girls room, and I found myself running at full speed to her window.
I reached the window and leaned in, wrapping my arms around her frail waist.
'Holy crap, whens the last time she ate something-' I thought to myself as I pulled her out of the window.
My cheeks flushed a deep pink as I clutched her to me, trying not to let us both fall. Steadying her, I pushed her behind me towards the trees, and gripped my axe, holding it in front of myself like a shield as I turned to face the two adults still in the girl's room.

"Stay away from her" I demanded in a threatening tone, before turning back to face her.

I grabbed her in the most gentle way possible, and began to tug her along with me up the hill and into the forest which we ran through for a few minutes. Eventually, I came to a stop and slowly turned, holding my breath as I looked back at the girl. The sparkle in her eyes came a surprise, and I let go of her arm. I looked away from her eyes, not able to hold eye contact.

"A-are you okay?" I asked finally, earning a nod from the girl.

I bit my lip under my mouth guard, noticing a slight tremble in her legs.
I was about to speak again when she cut me off with a small voice.

 "Are you the one from the treeline?" she asked, barely above a whisper.

 "i- uh, yeah..." I admitted with a stutter.

"...Thank you..." she whispered, looking down at the ground.

A small smile formed on my face as I pulled my hood down, and ruffled my hair.

"W-well I couldn't just let him hurt you a-again." I explained.

Suddenly, her fragile body was against mine again and this time, she wrapped her hands around me instead. I stood there in the embrace for a moment in pure shock, before returning the hug with a small smile under my mouth guard while my cheeks burned a crisp pink. I noticed she was an inch or two shorter than me, as she buried her face in my jacket.

"Whats you name?" I asked.

"Y/n" she confessed quietly.

"Your safe with me.. y/n" I muttered, almost too quiet to be heard.

Author's Note:
  Hello luvs! Hope your enjoying the story :)
I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but you are in fact 16 in this story and Toby is 17~
tysm for sticking around so far! I hope you enjoy the story more as I continue to update :)