The Masked Man

Narrated POV:

  "Hide" his firm answer sent a chill down y/n's spine as he left the room.

 She surveyed the room, looking around for something to do. She got up and walked over to the desk on the other wall and looked over its messy contents.

 "I know! I'll tidy up for him!" she yelped quietly in an excited manner.

At least an hour passed and she stopped to admire her work. The desk now stood with everything a bit more organized, and the floor was picked up. She had made sure not to throw anything way in case it was important. She sat on the bed and stared up at the ceiling. She sat up and listened, chucking to herself, before flopping back down.

"It's been a while since I heard peace and quiet like this" she noted, smiling.

Sitting up once more she looked over to the small stack of her folded outfit, and then down at Toby's hoodie that was draped over her. Standing, she walked over to the closet. Sliding one of the doors open, she peered inside. The small lamp of the room barely lit its content. Footsteps in the hallways sent a freezing chill up her neck and she whipped around, her eyes focusing on the door as the footsteps neared. Her heart pounded in her throat, threatening to burst at any moment.

"Please be Toby, Please be Toby..." she begged under her breath, holding the closet door as she prepared to duck inside of it.

Her breath caught in her throat as the footsteps stopped in front of the door.
They had come from the wrong way to be Toby.
Toby had gone to the right after leaving, where the staircase was.
Whoever was at the door came from further down the hall, to the left.
Y/n inched backwards towards the closet as the frigid atmosphere grew tense.
Every breath seemed to last hours as she slipped herself into the closet, stashing herself between the few hanging articles of clothes, watching the door through the closet door's slits.

*knock* *knock* *Knock*

There was a pause after 3 loud knocks rang from the door, echoing through the room.
A second round of knocks sounded a y/n pressed herself against the wall as much as she could as she tried to control her breathing.
A muffled voice rang out.

"Toby? Open the door kid..." the masculine voice demanded firmly.

Y/n held her breath as a small click sounded and the door creaked open. Y/n watched in anticipation, trying to conceal her presence as much as she could.

"Well this is a surprise." The voice cooed as a tall person, with brown hair dressed in all black, and a bright blue mask covering their face, stepped into the room.

"Toby doesn't usually keep his room tidy like this..." he noted, shutting the door behind him.

"But then again..." he started again, looking around the room.

"I don't think he's the one who cleaned it..." he taunted, tilting his head to the side as he faced the closet.

As he drew closer, y/n struggled to hold her breath and back away from the closet doors.
She squeezed her eyes shut, dropping into a crouch as she formed a defensive position as the masked man reached for the door. After sliding it open, he peered inside before crouching down in front of y/n's trembling body.
"You're a pretty little thing, aren't you ~" he cooed as she looked up, her eyes flooding with fear.
He twirled his finger around one her loose hair strands and y/n recoiled from his unnaturally grey-ish blue skin.
"How long has he kept you cooped up in here?" He asked, drawing closer to her.

She whimpered as her attempt to back away from him failed, and his firm grip found her wrist. He stood, yanking her to her feet, his playful demeanor seeming to vanish as he released her wrist once she regained balance.
Upon release, Y/n stumbled backwards, in attempts to get away from him and he sighed.