A ~ m i s u n d e r s t a n d i n g

Toby's POV:

   I pulled the owl plush out from behind me and smiled as I watched Y/n's face light up with joy.

"Yuri!" she yelped happily, jumping forward from her spot on the bed, towards me before taking the owl gently and clutching it to her chest.

Suddenly, she quickly leaned forward and trapped me in a hug, and I froze in shock for a moment before giving a smile and returning the hug. I felt my cheeks warm as she leaned back, and I noticed that she was now sitting on my thigh, her legs laced with mine.

"Did you go all the way back to that house for him?" she asked, and I noticed the sparkle in her eyes as she gazed into mine and I nodded.

"Why do you keep it on all the time?" she asked, gesturing to my mouth guard, and a chill ran down my spine and I evaded her eyes, looking down at the blanket on the bed.

"I-.." I croaked as I frantically searched for an answer.

"Can I see what you look like?" she asked suddenly after a pause in silence had taken place, and I looked back up at her.

"I d-don't think you'd like w-what you see-" I explained, my voice cracking as a silence fell for a moment again.

"Please?" y/n pleaded, trapping my eyes in her own for a moment, before I sighed and looked down, focusing on the neck of the shirt she had on.

"Fine..." I agreed finally, and reached up, touching my mouth guard with my fingers.

 I took a deep breath, avoiding y/n's eyes as she watched me slid my mask down under my chin.
My breath caught in my throat again as Y/n leaned forward, and lightly tilted my face back to her with a finger on my chin.

"Why wouldn't I like what I see?" she asked, gazing into my eyes again as her lips curved into a soft smile.

I couldn't help but let a small grin appear on my face as my cheeks flushed a pink again.
Suddenly, the door was thrown open and Y/n tensed, looking over to the door, and I did the same. Standing in the doorway was a shocked Ben.

"What the hell did I just walk into-" He asked.

"W-What do you w-want, Ben?" I questioned, brushing my hand against y/n's thigh, trying to tell her to get off of me.

"Honestly, I forgot... but now I guess I know she's taken-" he chuckled.

At this Y/n tensed again, as a heated blush broke out on both of our faces, and y/n jumped off of me.

"B-BEN" I yelped, trying to gather myself.

"Sorry ~ sorry ~ uhm ~ continue I guess... but don't get too loud, I wanna sleep soon." He laughed, as Jack walked up behind him.

Ben began hysterical laughing as Jack shut the door in his face.

"I need to re-wrap you wrists since you took a shower." He explained, walking up to the bed, with his med kit.
Y/n nodded and held out her arms for Jack as he reached for one to begin inspecting the wound again.

Author's Note:
Hey luvs ~ Srry this chapter is so short TwT
I was going to include it with the previous chapter- but I decided to post it as it's own thing.
Hope your enjoying the story!    

                -Your Author (me) <3