Part X Nineteen

⚠️TW: Non self-inflicted cuts; language; fighting. ⚠️

"And the winner is Gitturakur."

The assassin looked at me with rage. I probably ruined whatever little plan he had. Oh well. If there was even a tiny chance that he could hurt Killua or Gon, I needed to stop it before it ever formed.

"Next round: Hanzo vs Killua."

The 'Ninja' stepped onto the floor while Gitturakur and myself left. Killua followed shortly, and the fight began.

It probably won't be as bad as Gon's fight because Killua has actual battle training. But I better not jinx it, just in case.

"You better not be as insufferable as the green kid."

Killua smirked, "Don't worry, I'm not like Gon. I'm worse." When the fight began, Killua set his stance. Hanzo set his own but wasn't prepared for the boy to walk in a circle around him. He probably figured he would charge at him directly like an idiot. Killua isn't an idiot, of course, he's a trained assassin.

Every step Killua took seemed to reverberate through the room, a stark difference from his usually silent footfalls. After images formed behind him, it's the same trick he used when they were trying to capture the ball from Netero.

Some of the examiners seemed impressed, Netero held a smirk, and Illumi seemed frustrated even if he didn't outwardly show it. Hanzo kept a straight face, had he ever seen it before or did he just not care? Whatever it was didn't seem to affect the fact that he still charged at the wrong Killua.

His arms flew through the illusion. A smoke screen settled in its place. While he was distracted, the real Killua got in a few hits. Hanzo tried to block them, but he was just too slow.

It was overwhelming to watch, I wonder how it feels for Hanzo to go through it. Probably not too good.

With red cheeks and panting, Hanzo announced his resignation. "I forfeit!" Killua stopped in his tracks on the opposite side of the arena where there were few clones. Slowly, the other images of the kid faded from existence. "Why the hell are these kids so strong?! They have no right!"

"We have every right, just because you're weaker than kids in both mind and body doesn't mean you get to blame us for it!"

God, that's reminiscent of a particular generation of Ninjas. Most, if not all of them, faced the same prejudice at some point in their life. But not all of them had the guts to confront it, at least not when they were Kiluas age.

"And the winner is Killua! Our next fight is between Kakashi and Hisoka! Will the fighters please step into the arena?"

Oh great, time to fight a pedophile, soooo excited. Note the sarcasm.

I don't want to fight this guy, he's gonna make it sexual! I don't need another Orochimaru in my life, no thank you. At least I can make it a quick fight if I need to, but it'll be hard to actually back down for once. It's out of the norm for me. I might not be able to.

Hisoka stood in front of me as I stepped into the small arena. I don't know what to expect from this fight, Hisoka is an unexpected obstacle. Except not really that unexpected because we were told who we were fighting beforehand on the board, but I guess it just didn't register.

"Begin!"

I would've done the same strategy that I pulled on Illumi, but Hisoka saw how it was initiated and is unlikely to look me in the eyes. Oh well, he's in the same position I was when I fought Itachi and Kisame all those years ago, except he didn't have a Guy to pull him out of trouble.