disquietude

Hold on
...
𖤐

Restricted, his lungs felt sitting in his chest burrowed inside his ribcage. The atmosphere in the room changes once his father enters the room. Tweek can feel his fingers tremble around the ice pack, searching for the way to ease this feeling away. It no longer felt warm and inviting to him. Instead cold to the touch and soaked with sorrow. His mind desperately screamed at him to escape from this situation he got himself into. Yet, it was too late, his father stood in front of him offering him a deceiving act of comfortness.

The feeling of his fathers hands touching his back causes a shiver to run down Tweeks spine.

"I sure hope my son didn't cause too much trouble." Mr. Tweak tells the nurse, fooling her with a coy smile. "He isn't usually like this." The nurse waves it off with a laugh, handing Tweek the glass of water she had gone to recover moments earlier.

"He's no hassle really. It is my job to help out the students in any way I can." She beams at Mr. Tweek. She goes to her desk to retrieve tylenol and offers them to Tweek, dropping them into the palm of his hand. "Take one of these now and the other later if the pain comes back, okay." She smiles warmly down at Tweek before taking her leave. The door closing softly behind her reminds Tweek of his fathers presence in the room. He slowly redirects his eyes back to his father to meet with an empty dead gaze staring back.

"If you keep up with this you're going to slander our family business." His father responds, retracting his hand away from his son's shoulder. He crouches down in front of Tweek, leans forward, and forces him to look face to face with him, gripping roughly at his son's chin. "I want to make myself clear, you won't make a disgrace out of us any longer. Do you understand, son?"

Unable to breath or think, Tweek remains sat quivering in terror. The heart in his chest frantically bangs against his ribcage, he almost believes he's going to go into cardiac arrest. "I-" He opens his mouth, however nothing comes out. The words are caught in his throat. He's so stricken with fright he doesn't notice Craig is still in the room.

"What's your problem?" His father immediately adverts his attention to Craig, twisting his neck with a crack to look over at him. Craig stands up out of his chair, a deadpan look paints his features. Yet, the slightest amount of repugnance lays behind his eyes.

"You must be my son's little friend. He's mentioned you," Mr. Tweek unhands Tweek in an instant, stands up from his crouching position, and makes his way towards Craig. The corner of his lips tug into a haunting smile exposing his teeth. "I see no reason for you to butt into my sons and I conversation. Don't be sticking your nose where it doesn't belong nor concern you."

He approaches the boy with a menacing stance, peering down at him with a hidden malicious intent flashing behind his gaze. Yet, to his surprise Craig remained unaffected, not moving an inch.

"I can see through your facade. You're not fooling anyone."

"Your mask is slipping and so is 'supposive' kind act of yours." The words slipped off his tongue, sharp and taunting.

The room goes still for a moment, Tweak can feel the murderous intent coming off from his father. He grabs his father's hand without thinking, curling his fingers around his wrist in an attempt to get his father's focus off Craig.

"I'm sorry, dad. I'll make sure not to displease you again.." Tweek pleads, drawing his gaze downwards in submission. Hearing the pathetic pleas from his son Mr tweeks hunger is sedated, and he stands down from Craigs jeering. However not without a last warning.

"Speak to me with that tone again, Mr Tucker will be hearing from me."

Craig watches in disbelief as Tweek is ushered away by his father. The heavy doors closing behind them.

...