Chapter 3

"Speaking"
<<Comn>>
"Thought/flashback"
'Quote'
——————————————————
     At 7 o'clock in the morning, birds flew around chirping happily as the early morning sunlight, soft and diffuse, gives way to the first strong rays of the day, the ones that bring true warmth. In that light, water evaporated in slow waves that eddied in the gentle breeze, flowing upwards to the white-puffed clouds, ships of white in the bright blue sky.

     Izuku sleepily grumble as he climbed out of his bed while his digital alarm clock beeped annoyingly from the top of his nightstand. Reaching over, he switched off his alarm clock before making his way over to the bathroom. The wood floor felt cold to the sensitive soles of his feet. On his way there, he used his hair tie to tie his long dark green hair into a short ponytail.

     Staring into his bathroom mirror, he took in his own appearance. He didn't changed a lot from his life at Taisho era, he was no longer that frail weak little boy when he get send back in time. Standing at 5'3 at 14 years old was the average height for his age. Gone was the scrawny body Izuku once had, long hours of training each day has led to Izuku developing a slightly muscular and toned body. Most of his hair was tied in a short ponytail which reached down below his ears, with a few loose strands framing his face. Despite the change he still (somewhat) retained some of his old personality.

     After he washed his face and brushed his teeth, he made his way back to his room to get ready for the day. Slipping on a green hoodie with a black cargo pants, since its weekend, and made his way downstairs to the living room. The old wooden stair creaked under his weight as he descended down each step. His loving and caring mother, Midoriya Inko, was already preparing his breakfast for him. The fragrant smell of fresh cooked rice wafted out from the kitchen.

     "G'morning Mom,", Izuku greeted still half asleep as he took a sit in one of the seats at the dining table. "Morning Izuku!", his Mom replied happily as she set down a bowl of rice with grilled fish and veggies right in front of him. Taking a small bite from the food, he moaned in delight as the flavours burst in his mouth. He quickly scarfed down his food and brought his now empty plate to the kitchen sink. He wasted no time in washing his plate before rushing upstairs to grab his wallet and duffle bag.

     "Mom I'm out to meet some friends, back at afternoon later!"

     "Okay stay safe honey!"

—<—<—<—<—<—<—>—>—>—>—>—

     "Hey Shouta!"

     Aizawa turns around in his sleeping bag, "What is it 'Zashi?" A phone is shoved up to his face, a video of a middle schooler slashing apart a Slime villain with a gust of mist plays on the screen.

     "What about it? It's just some reckless kid with a typical strong quirk."

     Midnight calls out from her desk, raising a brow, "You haven't seen the whole video have you?"

     "Of course not, it was nothing special, so I skipped across it instantly."

     "Shou!! He's quirkless, the Lil' Listener is quirkless! Isn't that crazy?"

     Shouta huffs disbelievingly. He looks around the room, most of the staff in the lounge are listening in right now, he assumes that everyone else also knew.

     "You sure 'Zashi? You could be mistaken."

     "Yeah! The Lil' Listener admitted it himself, cursing out all the heroes on the scene for being incompetent as well! You should've seen him, Shou! Sending sharp jab at Death Arms, for sayin' he was lying about his quirklessness too!"