04

ANAYA

     OK I might have lied a bit. I didn't have to go to work for atleast the next 5 hours after I left the library and Briar. But I have more 3 units to finish by tomorrow. And I promised myself there will be no delay.

Also pulling someone in by their cardigan while meeting them for the first time not appropriate at all. I am surprised she didn't slap me, I would have slapped me. Even if she did I wouldn't mind it, I had it coming.

I wasn't going to do that but that's the thing with impulse it's not about what you do or say it's just something to distract your anxious ass. I just did what I did because it felt right then,but now that I am thinking scratch that overthinking about it it's totally wrong.

Poor girl she looked so fucking scared and startled. I didn't mean it. I know i can come on strong and yet again in the bathroom stall the same shit happened she wasn't supposed to be there. Or atleast be there when I was there. I wouldn't give 2 flying fucks if it was someone else but her, it just felt wrong. She is just so innocent, it's so rare these days, sometimes I feel like I would give anything to be that nice and innocent.

She looked weak and she looked like she hated it. I understand no one likes others to see that they are weak. To be honest I wouldn't be even anywhere close to a person who made me feel weak. And looking back at what happened in the bathroom I wouldn't be surprised if she never spoke to me or looked in me direction.

Right now I am looking at a very dazed and confused Briar having a staring contest with the empty champagne glass. She sitting at the same table opposite to me with my other friends and I was just 5-6 chairs away from her.

That's when I hear Tom say "I like Briar she seems real sweet." It didn't surprise me. She does seem sweet. And Tom is one of the most kind people I have ever met.

"Ask her out then." I don't know what came over me when I said that but, hey impulse.

"Really and you don't mind?" Tom questioned. I mean I understand all of my friends know about my gay ass, ok bisexual ass same thing, almost. I know they all think I invited her because I like her or something but trust me it's nothing like that.

"Bro like never why would I, I just invited her because she is new here and I was just being nice." I reasoned. He gave me a suspicious look but moved immediately saying "What if she rejects me?"

I was partly having this conversation and partly looking at Briar who about 2 minutes ago was dragged to the bar by Rachel and just now they finished getting shots. And they are currently on the dance floor.I can hear my other friends trying to convince Tom that he would be alright.

Now my focus was back on Tom. And suddenly Noah said "Do you want one of us to ask for you like be your 'wingperson'?." which is again a term coined in this extremely queer friend group so that everything is gender neutral and comfortable.

"Yeah that would be nice, I like that idea." Tom agreed.

"Who's gonna do it." Noah asked. "Anaya?" Everyone looked at me. They don't know about our previous encounters not that I even want to tell anyone about it.

"No no no, I am not doing anything" I shook my head firmly "It's not going to happen." I denied again and they all collectively gave me puppy eyes. I don't melt or shit but I just want to get it over with. They will not stop until I do it.

"Ok but ya'll cannot use those eyes to convince me again until 2030" I agreed half mindedly and all of them vigorously nodded. I got up adjusted my jacket and pants putting both my hands in the pocket I mentally prepared myself to talk to her.

I had already assumed that the moment I would walk up to her she would start getting flustered again and won't be flashing me that stupid smile of hers. As I approached her at the dance floor, she totally surprised me when I tapped on her shoulder she turned around with that adorable laugh and smile.

See I am no simp but I can tell when someone is beautiful.

She booped my nose and I took that as a sign on how much she has had to drink. I indicated Rachel to not let her drink anymore she nodded in guilt as a response.

"Hey you know Tom my friend there?" I pointed towards Tom and he smiled sweetly and waved.

"Bartender Tom yes I know him." She almost screamed and squeaked over the music with her smile still on her face.

"Yeah him he actually likes you and wants to know if you would like to go out with him?" I asked in short I had no time for this.

She looked so in shock that she turned around and looked if I was really talking to her "Me, as in ME" she said in a high pitch voice pointing at herself in confusion and sucking both her lips in.

All my friends were continuously looking at us, way to be subtle guys and at the same time I was so sad that she couldn't believe someone would ask her out that I just had to say this "You are really going places with that confidence." My Sarcastic remark got an offended look out of her.

Her mouth hung wide open in offense. And she slowly stepped close to me try to reach my height. She pointed her self painted lavender nails just between my collarbones and said "You know where I am really going next?" I raised my eyebrows and she continued "Your mom's".

I heard a bunch of laughs and 'oohs'. Oh lil Missy here runs her pretty mouth now. I didn't bother turning around. "You know where I am going next?" I tried defending myself.

But she was quick and said "To hide behind your mama?" "Mhmmm" with a puppy face. Everyone still in shock and looking at us. I just looked up and stared almost into each soul until they minded their own business.

"You know what, fuck it I was here because my friend liked you." I spit out clenching my jaw.

"What if I want you?" Well I didn't expect that from her. But even her face turned red and in shock as soon as she said it.

"What if I don't want you" I said I know I am playing hard to get but who doesn't like a game. I am probably losing at it but still.

Afrer a few seconds I did not receive an answer so I just turned and started to walk away I was forced to stop in my tracks when I heard her say "I always get what I want." I smirked and walked to my table. I heard Tom, Noah and some other of my asshole friends laughing and giggling I smacked Noah on the head and everyone laughed evenmore.

I saw her smiling giddily and continuing her dancing I just smiled shaking my head and finishing my drink.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:-
HELLO MY CHICKEN NUGETS I FREAKING LOVE YA'LL 111 READS OMG I LOVE YALL TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE CHAPTER AND THE STORY TILL NOW.

AND WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER?

LOVE, HUGS AND KISSES                                         -S

                       -S