05

Anaya's POV

    It's safe to say I slept very well last night. After the whole bar fiasco. I have no idea what I liked about yesterday so much. But surely it being my birthday had very little to do with it.

I have met no one in 19 years of my existence who made me wanna look forward to be alive even for an extra day. I like this distraction far better.

"Fuck off, Anaya. Close the fucking blinds. And get the fuck out" aah! my beloved roommate, Saisha. It's a great way to start your day with someone cursing at you, and boy do I not let anyone get away with it.

I get off my bed and skip to hers, pulling the thick weighted duvet of her and sitting on her ass. Saisha yelped out loudly and tried to wiggle her way out she was screaming profanities at me. "Tap out, baby you know you want to". I completely pinned her to the bed. She was whining and trying to twerk her way out which I will not lie was working.

Eventually she tapped her hand thrice on the mattress and I let got. She sat up straight and stretched her back and cursed at me a few more. I laughed and replied with "good morning starshine, the earth says 'hello'" she fake smiled and shook her head.

"Ok I need to reach college in 30 mins, you hurry or else I am driving alone,got it?" I commanded her. She shook her head. "Verbal acknowledgement, please, how difficult is it?"

"Yes comorade" she replied with a salute. Trying to fall back asleep

"Get up, get up, GET UP" I shout. She scrambled right out of bed into the bathroom.

》》》》

We reached college just 15 mins late. Which wouldn't have been a problem to me generally but I kind of was anxious now....

Anywho we reached the class running in and as my luck plays put it wasn't Miss Green's lecture. Mr Schmidt our old English professor. He wasn't fond of me to put it lightly. He made us wait out side the class for the whole lecture. I was pissed naturally, but then I saw her she wore yellow sundress today seriously this girl was something else.

We locked eyes for a brief moment. Then Miss Green walked in and announced that she needs the assignment on the romantic poets by tomorrow, or never. Well that's everything bad that could happen has happened now.

"The lecture today is canceled you all can go to the library and start the project". Miss Green said. And everybody scrambled right out of the class.

I collected my bag and walked out and I see Briar walking towards the library with Rachel I pulled her out of the crowd she was reluctant at first then she let go "what are you doing?, where are we going?" She asked.

I didn't stop walking through the corridors and stairs "The library will be very crowded, you wanna go to the roof?" I asked her she didn't say anything I looked back at her, she wasn't looking at me but she didn't stop so I took that as a 'yes'. Mind you I don't ever do that but she never gave me verbal acknowledgement so well.......

We reached the roof it was empty and no body knew that the janitor kept the key under the mat only I knew it don't ask me how?

"This is better innit?" I told her. It was really pretty out here. She kept looking around I got 2 chairs put them facing one another and then sat on one.

"So where do we start with the romantic  poets ?" I asked her then again no reply. "Briar?"

She finally looked at me and said "Anaya I am extremely sorry if I lead you on yesterday, I really didn't mean to I was drunk and I don't handle alcohol well"

"Oh" was the only thing fell out of me.

She started to walk back to the building "I am really sorry I wish I hadn't said any of it, I regret it really I do, I want you to know I really do". She said that and went inside the building looked back once with a sorry look and went down.

I didn't expect her to fall I'm love with me I wasn't in love with her hell I didn't expect her to even go out with me but yet all I could do was stand there staring at the door. A chill ran through my spine and brought me back to senses. I wasn't even pissed just disappointed.

I collected my bag again and walked out locking the door placing the key back and just kept walking until I reached my car. Why is she so scared? is what I kept thinking about. I better get home I have a whole as assignment to complete all by myself like I wanted since the beginning.

Lesson learnt 'Anything other than a yes is not a yes.' Had I believed it earlier it would have saved me a heartburn or whatever this stupid feeling is.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:-
HELLO MY STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKES THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT
I AM EXTREMELY SORRY FOR SUCH A LATE  UPDATE AND A SHORT CHAPTER BUT I LOVE YALL AND I WILL UPDATE MORE REGULARLY.

PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE BYE MY LOVES

LOVE, HUGS AND KISSES

                   -S