The Interview

Request summary: Y/N meets Cruella at a job interview and gets a job as her assistant .

My heart was racing as I sat waiting to be called in for my interview. My brain was working overtime thinking about everything that could go wrong. I looked down and shuffled my feet, trying to distract myself from the anxious thoughts that were circling in my mind. Cruella De Vil was famous, or should I say infamous, for being callous and cold towards her staff. You had to be mad to even consider working for her. But I had little choice, I was desperate for a career in the fashion industry, and working as her assistant would really give me the experience I needed to make a name for myself.

A tall bald man in a suit stepped out from the grand looking doorway of her office.

"Y/N" called the man, as he stood there waiting to escort me into her office for my interview.

I took a moment to compose myself, focusing on steadying my breathing in an attempt to calm my nerves before I stood up and walked towards the intimidating looking door of her office. The man held the door open for me and invited me in.

Her office was luxurious and grand, it was probably bigger than my entire flat. She sat comfortably in her chair behind her large ominous desk, peering at me in a way that made me feel uneasy.

"Hi, Miss De Vil. I am Y/N, I am here for an interview for the assistant position. " I said, introducing myself in a shaky voice, hoping that she wouldn't sense my nervousness.

She gave me a slight nod in response. "Take a seat." She commanded as she held out her slender hand and gestured towards the chair on the opposite side of the desk. I did as she asked and quickly scurried towards the chair, seating myself opposite her.

She looked down at my CV, thoroughly examining it, before raising her head and locking her eyes on mine. Her green eyes staring at me intently. "So, Y/N what makes you think you're capable of being my assistant then?" She questioned in a domineering and slightly condescending tone.

"Fashion has always been my passion." I replied hesitantly. "I feel that working as your assistant would give me the perfect opportunity to learn about the industry from the very best and gain further experience." I added trying to compliment her, in hopes that it would impress her, and put me in a more favourable position for the job.

"For someone who claims to be passionate about fashion, you don't have much experience listed on your CV. I am not here to have my time wasted by opportunists like you.

How are you going to manage as my assistant with your lack of experience in the industry?" She criticised in a scathing tone, as she continued to give me a stare that cut deep into my soul, causing my heart to pound intensely.

"Well, like I said that is why I am applying for the job, to learn about the industry and gain experience." I snapped back at her, in an irrational and very unprofessional tone. I knew that arguing back to a woman as arrogant as her was a big mistake, but I felt the need to defend myself from her unnecessarily harsh criticism. "I am certainly no time waster, nor am I an opportunist. I have to start somewhere, it is unfair for you to expect me to have years of experience." I added, in calmer tone as I attempted to reason with her a little bit.

She raised her eyebrows and her eyes widened in shock at my outburst, I could tell that she certainly was not used to people talking back at her. My heart was racing as I waited for her reaction, I knew in that moment that there was no chance I was getting the job. Cruella was a brutal woman, there is no way she was going to be spoken to like that.

After a what felt like an eternity of stony silence, she nodded her head at me in agreement, much to my surprise. " I guess that is true. Perhaps I was a little unfair to you." She muttered in a slightly remorseful tone. "The job is yours if you still want it. Though with your lack of experience you'd be an idiot not to take me up on my offer. When can you start?"