The De Vil's Revenge - Part 1

Request – Y/N is in a relationship with Estella and is working with her to get her own back on the Baroness.

The clock hadn't long struck one when I heard her knocking at my door. I knew almost immediately it was Estella. It took me less than a second to recognise the voice that I had grown accustom to over the past few months. I could hear the desperation in her voice as she shouted "Y/N let me in!" through my letterbox. As I rushed out of bed, I thought to myself how strange it was strange for Estella to call over unannounced, especially in the early hours of the morning. Hearing her call out my name, in a desperate and emotional tone as she stood outside my front door filled me with dread and uneasiness. I knew she and the boys had a big job planned at the Baronesses' ball this evening, and from the distress in her voice I knew that something had gone wrong.

I instinctively rushed to the door without a second thought as my stomach churned with anxiety. I took a deep breath in, preparing myself for what was on the other side, as I opened the door. She stood there in the floor-length scarlet red dress that she had been working on a few days ago. The sight of it brought back the memories of watching her altering it in her flat, as she told me about her plans to crash the ball steal the necklace. I didn't really understand why she was so desperate for the necklace, but it meant a lot to her, and so I sat and listened to her in awe of her talent and genius. That is the thing about dating Estella, not a day goes by that is ordinary. She and the boys are always working on their next heist. Despite the excitement of it all, not a day went by where I wouldn't worry that something was going to go terribly wrong, and it seemed like today was the day that came true.

Her black-and-white curls fell messily around her face and her eyes were haunted with emotion. Her mascara ran down her cheeks, as the make-up that I had helped her with earlier in the evening was now smudged from her tears. She looked distraught and exhausted. My heart sank leaving an unbearable ache in my chest from the sight of her before me. I had never seen Estella like this before, it was clear that something terrible had happened to her, and despite her being the protective one in our relationship, in that instant couldn't help but feel instinctively protective towards her. Feeling a desperate desire to hold her close to me and never let go, I reached my arms out to her and pulled her in closer to me, embracing tightly her on my doorstep as she broke down in my arms.

"Let's get you inside." I whispered trying to console her, wondering what had caused her to get in this state.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

She lay on my bed, with her head resting on my thighs, still crying. I gently ran my fingers through her loose white curls, as I sat there trying to comfort and console her. We sat like this in a comforting silence for some time, with nothing but her quiet whimpers and my reassuring comments occasionally filling the gaps, until she let out a strained sound breaking the silence.

"The Baroness killed my Mum." She sobbed, tightly squeezing my waist for comfort and closing her eyes as another stream of tears fan down her pale delicate cheek.

"How do you know she kill-"

She lifted her head from my thighs as her emotion filled eyes met my gaze. "When I took the necklace back, the Baroness blew her whistle to call the dogs, and the repressed memories of it all came flooding back. She called the dogs on her to kill her." She explained interrupting me, trying to steady her breathing.

"I am so sorry baby." I whispered reassuringly tracing my thumb across her cheek and wiping away the tears. Unsure of what to say next I leant in closer to her and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead before wrapping my arms around her and embracing her tightly.

"For years I blamed myself, when it was her all along. I wish I realised sooner and stopped it from happening." She cried.

"Estella there is nothing you could have done to stop it. Even if you hadn't been there that night she would have done it anyway. You can't blame yourself. None of this is your fault."