chapter 2

Alex woke up, took a shower got changed.
He made his way downstairs where he had some microwavable food. He ate and then left for school.

The first few days of living alone were horrible he didn't feel like getting up, he didn't feel like doing anything.
He also realised just how much Jack took care of him and felt like he had taken her for granted.

During that time he found her graduation papers and her resignation letters.
He felt sick to the core reading them, she had done so well only to be taken away.
She had amazing scores and was about to go back to America to see her family and get a job.

Alex reached school and made his way to his locker where he met up with Tom as they had there first class together, English Language.
Alex walked into class and pulled out his laptop hoping to get some work done this lesson.

It started off smoothly some people acknowledged him and Alex had started talking to James, when all of a sudden Crawley and Tulip Jones walked into class like they owned the place.

They introduced themselves and put on a power point presentation.
They talked about how more people were needed in the SAS and we were all going to try it out for 3 weeks.

We were all given permission slips. Mine wasn't needed but they gave one anyway.
After they left the lesson was almost over so we didn't have enough time to do the test we were supposed to do today.
So everyone just went on there laptops or pulled out a book.

They were leaving tomorrow, Alex was getting details when he arrived at BB.
The test of the day went smoothly and Alex met Tom at a Cafe close to school.
Tom asked him about the whole SAS thing.

"Yeah were leaving tomorrow"

"Those were the guys you work for wasn't it Alex "

"Yeah"

After a pause Tom pressed on.

"Have you ever killed anyone?"

"Yeah"

"Do you feel bad after doing it. What does it feel like?"

"Nothing Tom it doesn't feel like anything"

"Do you think Ian killed people"

"Must have"

"Do you think it affected him "

"I don't know Tom, I thought I knew him turned out I didn't know him as well as I thought I did"

After Alex uttered that sentence Tom took it as his queue to not push the subject.
After they ate Alex and Tom went there separate ways.

Alex got home and started to pack his bag.
He took whatever he needed which wasn't much.

Alex had gotten his hands on sleep pills a while back, that was the only way he could go to sleep and not feel like he was reliving his worst memories.

He always took a little more than he needed, not because he wanted to die it just made sleep more peaceful.

Alex woke up the next morning grabbed his bag and took a few weapons with him as he boarded a bus with the rest of his classmates to BB.
He sat next to Tom on the bus and shortly after he put in some earbufs and started listening to music.

By the time they reached it was evening and the sun was beginning to set.
The bus rolled up to the entrance and they all hastily got out.
They got sorted into cabins and heard like a 20 minute lecture about what to do and what not to, what they would be doing. They were also told that they all would have to do some training in firearms, hand-hand combat and languages.

Alex noticed that several of his classmates had there knees bumping up and down, biting there nails and playing with there hair.
They were all really nervous Alex noted.
They were all given a map of the land, most of the place was forbidden to them anyway.

As everyone was starting to head to there bunks, Alex let everyone pass ahead of him.
Everyone was almost out when Ali Monzour called out to him.
Alex spun around quickly and they embraced.
It had definitely been a while since they both had seen each other.
They talked for some time until Ali decided that he should probably head to bed.

As they parted several men entered the area swiftly all of them were covered in mud and leaves.
They formed a single file in front of Sargent Manzour.

"At ease soldiers"

They relaxed,

"Who was the kid?"

"Well there is a special program, a class of secondary school children will be joining us for 3 weeks."

"Why are we only being told this now"

"Because I chose to"

"I will add about 2 kids to each unit and they will train with you"

"Why though?"

"Why not"

"They'll barely be able to do anything"

"You all are trying to get in better shape and they will to, with you of course"

"This is unfair"

"Life isn't fair soldier"

"Now that we have had that lovely conversation why don't you all go and shower yes?"

"Are you saying that we smell"

"Are you near someone other than yourselves?"