Chapter 4

Alex stared into the cold blue eyes of General Alexei Sarov, the man who wanted to be a father to him.

The man who saw him as a replacement for his first and only born Vladimir Sarov, he had died in the war( sorry if i get some of the details wrong).

Last time Alex had encountered him they were in Russia.

Alex thought he was going to die and he even told the general.

"I'd rather die than be your son"

Alex had seen the general put the gun in his mouth and shoot himself in the head,

Yet here he was standing in front of Alex calmly and seemed in good health.

The general seemed calm about the gun pointing at his head, but Alex was taught to catch the smallest details.

The general had tensed, it was not that noticeable but he had.

"Rider gun down" boomed Ali Monzour's or the sergeant's voice.

Alex swiftly put the gun away quickly but it was still on him and could be pulled out in less than a second.

Alex also spotted Conrad standing behind the general with a homicidal look on his face.

Conrad looked even uglier than the last time Alex had seen him.

He had more scarring on his face, barely any hair on his face and one eyebrow looked like it had been burnt off.

Alex slowly put his gun down, becoming aware that everyone was looking at him.

One of the instructors shouted that everyone get back to work or they'd be working in the kitchens throughout the night.

All the students went back to shooting, all of them except Alex, he was looking at Sarov.

To anyone it would have looked like he was relaxed and was expressionless, but inside Alex's mind was running.

"How could they have survived?"

"What were they here for?"

"Did they come to kill him?"

"Why hadn't anyone told him this?"

Sarov was looking at him with pity in his eyes, a look Alex had seen too often.

Conrad started towards him, Alex was ready to take the guy, this time he knew he could.

Sarov stopped Conrad and made to grab Alex, before he could reach there was a gun at the back of his head.

"Step away from him" said a voice with a slight russian accent, now noticeable through his anger.

Alex looked at Yassen grateful that he was here.

Sarov slowly lifted his arms and was led away from Alex, all this time protesting on how he only wanted to talk.

Everybody was confused.(well that was an understatement)

The sergeant ( Ali Monzour ) told the instructors to go back to work, more like shouted but they left giving Alex skeptical looks on the way.

Yassen came back later and said that Sarov just wanted to talk to him and had all his weapons taken from him.

He also offered the chance for Alex to talk to him.

Alex was hesitating, something he hadn't done in a long time.

"You don't have to do anything Alex"

" No, I want to"

Yassen started to lead him towards a secluded shed.

They stopped outside, Alex was tense, all his muscles ready for a fight.

"Are you sure you want to do this Alex?" Yassen said softly.

"Can you stay with me?"

Yassen didn't say anything except lead Alex in and walk in himself.

Sarov stood up upon their arrival, he seemed happy to see Alex but frowned when Yassen walked in.

"I prefer to Sasha alone" Sarov said

Yassen was about to say something, when Alex opened his mouth and said

"He stays or were not talking at all"

" Of course"

Sarov sat on one of the benches inside and Alex and Yassen sat opposite to him.

By the time they were done Alex looked like a kicked puppy.

An instructor walked in to get Sarov a couple hours later.

He took in the scene.

There was that russian general Alexei Sarov, the assassin who killed him and his nephew who thought he was dead.

He and the general walked back towards the shooting range.

Another instructor was there as well as the general's henchman or whatever.

The henchman was examining the target that Alex had shot at a couple hours ago.

All the students had left for lunch so it was just them at the moment.

The henchman looked carefully at the target then muttered.

"If Scorpia managed to teach him to shoot, they might have been able to teach him some discipline as well"

"Scorpia?" Ian thought, looking at his older brother.