1. prologue

HEAD OVER HEELS
a Larry Stylinson fanfic by me

×͜×

If there is one thing you need to know about Louis Tomlinson, it's that he is very, very dramatic.

"LOUIS YOU IDIOT!"

"That" Louis says, eyeing the soaked boy in front of him, before lifting the material of his, just as much soaked through, shirt that now uncomfortably clings to his skin, "was not me"

The boy in front of him just stares into his eyes, mouth still agape in shock as people around them stop walking to look and laugh at the two and the huge mess they made. Or well, Louis made.

"Names?" Mrs Winston, the headmistress asks five minutes later, sitting behind her desk, scribbling something down on a notepad and not even really bothering to looking up at the two boys.

"Louis Tomlinson" Louis says, deciding against saying something like "the queen of England" or "David Beckham". This is still the headmistress in front of them and being sent to her office on the first day is bad enough.

They haven't even made it to the lunch hall without an accident and being scolded and sent here by a teacher after causing huge chaos.

"Zayn Malik" Zayn next to him says, his clothes still soaked just as Louis' since they weren't allowed to change beforehand. It's not a problem though because the window is open and the warm September wind is welcome, even on wet skin.

The headmistress hums and seems to write their names down, Louis doesn't know why. All he did was accidentally cause a water bottle to explode and water to be everywhere, and there was also some broken glass on the floor, but it's not like anyone got seriously injured. It's absolutely fine, no need to throw a fucking fit.

He crosses his arms in front of his chest as Zayn leans against him, obviously tired from the long ride on the train. Louis pats his shoulder as they patiently wait to be dismissed.

This morning, the two of them had been so incredibly excited for boarding school, had a sleepover yesterday, which was actually more like an awakeover because they didn't get any sleep, watching movies and playing video games all night because they had been so excited, so giddy.

They had talked for hours about what it would be like and imagined how their other roommates could look like and all the things they could do there. Pull pranks and have sleepovers practically every night and get into the footie team of the school and annoy the teachers.

Well, the last thing they already completed now, so Louis thinks they're doing a good job since it's not even been three hours since they entered the school grounds.

They walked around a bit after the speech of the headmistress and after a teacher read them and all the other newbies a list of the rooms and who would share with who (always four in a room), then they started to unpack and caught a glimpse of one of their roommates, who introduced himself as Liam before he was off again to see his girlfriend. They didn't see much of him except puppy eyes and soft brown hair. Louis and Zayn just looked at each other as Liam had closed the door again, shrugging and going back to hanging various posters on the wall, singing some Elton John streaming from Zayn's phone loudly.

"You can leave now" Mrs Winston drags Louis out of his thoughts with her sharp voice and finally looks up from her notepad, eyeing the two boys through her rectangular glasses.

These combined with her tight bun and old but sharp cheekbones make her look like she could kill you and will if you break the rules. But Louis has the feeling she is going to love them and even let a few tears roll when they graduate in four years.