11. Louis's House

Louis rises up from where he was laying with his head in Ashton's lap suddenly.

"Zayn" He says, and Zayn looks up from his doodling sketchbook. "A topic needs to be cleared out"

It suddenly came to his mind again, while he was watching the landscapes fly by through the window of the train, that he still needs to get answers out of Zayn regarding that adventurous night of the party, regarding Liam and what Louis heard back then. He knows Zayn doesn't really want to talk about it, and the black haired guy seemed more than happy when Louis had been distracted with what Harry said on the footie field so that he completely forgot to ask him about it.

But right now, while they're driving straight into one of Louis' biggest dreams, the Christmas holidays all of them are going to spend at Louis' house, he really needs some fucking answers.

In the last few weeks, all of them grew closer and closer, Luke, Niall and Harry always sit with them during lunch and sometimes even hang out in room 28 in the evening.

Louis hasn't really seen Nick in a long time, the lad is mostly alone and Niall said he doesn't talk to any of them when they get back into their own room late at night to go to bed.

Louis smiles at that thought as he gets up from his seat, jostling Ashton where he was peacefully watching his downloaded episodes of Glee with Luke on his phone.
Niall and Harry look up from their thumbs war as Louis pulls Zayn up by his shoulder, Liam not even bothered to let himself be pulled out of Harry's copy of Little Women he lent him.

"Where are we going babez? Quickie in the train toilets?" Zayn laughs and Louis makes a disgusted face while he slides the compartment door open.

"Pf" He makes, his heart distantly warming as Harry immediately loses the thumbs war, because he looked at them again. "As if I would ever touch you"

Zayn pointedly looks down at where Louis has his hand in a strong grip around his wrist and, okay, fair enough.

"Yeah, but not in that way" Louis scoffs as the door closes again and him and Zayn stand in the rattling aisle.

"Have you seen Harry's face?" Zayn laughs quietly and Louis is always on board when it comes to talking about Harry, but he won't let Zayn distract him right now, not a chance.

"What happened with Liam after the party?" He bursts out.

Straight to the point, then. Or not straight. Louis doesn't know what happened there, but he's relatively sure it hadn't been even remotely straight.

"Nothing" Zayn says defensively, leaning against the moving wall and crossing his arms in front of his chest like a stubborn child.

"Didn't exactly sound like nothing, mate" Louis argues, because he really wants to know. "Remember when we said we'll tell each other everything?" He knows he's playing unfair, but Louis has always been a little shit, so Zayn should have been prepared. And he was, telling by his death glare.

"I hate you" He mumbles and Louis only smiles sweetly.

"We both know you really don't, now, would Mr Beautiful please tell me what happened with Liam after the party?"

Zayn scoffs, turning his head to look out the window, and Louis waits patiently.

"But, nothing happened. I didn't kiss Liam"

The sentence comes out muttered, hard to understand for Louis, but he manages. To be honest, he knew it would be something like that, but it still hits him like a truck.
"You did what?" He gapes, staring at his best friend disbelievingly. "You kissed Liam?"