Chapter III -Respect Earned

Y/N pov

I can't believe I just did that-

I pant as I decapitate the last enderman in the vicinity of the battlefield. Thorn and the rest of our families convoy is resting while me and Technoblade scout and count our kills. We meet in front of the carriage, and I suddenly realize how huge he is. I have a well filled frame, and look down upon most at 5'10. As he lumbers towards me, He looks about as tall as the enderman we slaughtered. He walks with a sense of purpose, not wasting a single step. But, he also has a certain grace, no matter what he is doing. His fighting is like a deadly dance that could daze me and sweep me off my feet at any moment.

I am covered in dark indigo blood, and I try not to be self conscious about how I appear to the Blade and his men. His sword isn't very ornate despite my expectations, however it suits him perfectly with a dull red blade and onyx black grip.

"Well? How are you feeling M'Lady? I top off at 76.

His face is polite, but he has a small grin that showed under his mask. I allow my own smile to beam through.

"My false confidence will be the death of me..."
I think to myself.

"Not bad considering I had a head start. However, I counted roughly 250 endermen attacking, and I cap at 65."

I could tell my observation and kill count impressed him even through his mildly terrifying mask. I could see his ruby red eyes narrow, and his lips curl into a larger smile. I see the glint of tusks as his cape sweeps low and his armor groans into a bow

"Well m'lady. If I wasn't impressed before, I certainly am now. The closest my men have gotten to catching my numbers is about a third. You managed to beat them with grace and dignity"

I smile at him and he seems to relax, although I bet it is my imagination.

"I'm thrilled that I meet your standards, Prince blade. I look forward to seeing you around, however I get back and help my family, but until next time."

Albeit my common sense, I quickly bow and shyly wave as I run off to the carriage, towards Thorn and my family. Right before I'm out of earshot, I swear I hear Technoblade say "Until next time, Princess", but I assume it's wishful thinking.

The blade and his men move out, while we decide to find a nearby inn for the night. Me and thorn end up sharing a small room on the top floor. As soon as I slump on the bed, Thorn looks at me expectantly.

"So n/n, how did it go between you and "the blade?"

She grins, and I sigh.

"I'm not even sure... he was so different then I expected, but not in a negative way. He was so kind, and he fought unlike any way I've seen before. He doesn't even even try, he just knows... and he was very polite but by the end our our time together today, he seemed more relaxed."

Thorn listens as I ramble late into the night, and I can't stop myself. I picture his eyes that were brimming with hidden emotion, and his frame that towered over everything and dominated his surroundings. As I finally drifted off to sleep, I see him on a battlefield littered with dead enemies and surrounded in smoke and ash.

(594 words)