Chapter IV - Thoughs

(A/n - hehe upload, sorry for the inconsistency, sorta forgot about it for a month??? I'm very sorry but I will be updating more frequently so be ready :) try to eat and drink today, and remember you're loved! Cya lovelies <3)

-Techno pov-

I stayed up all night preparing for the arrival of the royal convoy the next morning. Mainly I scoured the shelves of the library on customs and conversation tactics. Although I can talk about what I know for ages, I have not been expected to entertain more then sparring before. Eventually, I give up and trudge to the music room, right across the hall. My older brother Wilbur plays piano and guitar among other things, while I picked up the violin when I was younger, and it stuck. I reach for my prized violin, made of birch wood from Artemisia forest. It was said that the white stag was witnessed there, and I suggested we name it after her. My violin is one of a kind, and requires more upkeep then normal. After I defeated many withers, I condensed the star that powered it into raw energy. I use these bottles of energy to keep the birch wood alive, and in return Artemis doesn't brutally maime me. Although I have an extensive knowledge of the Greek gods, most people forget them and their tales because they have willingly taken to the shadows after magic made its unexpected appearance. I still leave my offerings and pray from time to time, however it's turned into more of an uneasy alliance.

I start by plucking delicately, adjusting the tuning rods, and bring my bow to the ivory strings. As the clock strikes 1, I reach the climax. My bow and fingers move as one, and the chin rest feels attached to me as I sway with the music I've created. As I finish, I hear slow clapping from behind the piano.

"Well well, little brother.."

I cringe as I hear Wilbur's amused voice. I peel myself off the chin rest and look towards Wilbur's piano. He's leaned against it, with a look on his face that spells trouble.

"Wilbur, why are you up? You're the one that will be giving the tour. Dad has to begin diplomacies as soon as the convoy arrives."

He grins. I get more agitated.

"Oh I'm aware, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to see you swoon... Some of your men noticed, and within minutes of you arriving home, the whole castle knew about your interaction with Princess Y/N."

I gaped at him in shock. Where did he get swooning from?

"Excuse you,"
I gently put away my violin.
"I'm not sure what you heard, but it's dead wrong."

I huffed as I walked towards the doors, but I paused before I walked out.

"Will, could you put in a good word for me with the Princess?"

I stared at the ground, waiting for the taunts to begin. I slowly looked back at him, and he had an expression of shock and gloating victory.

"Why don't you join me tomorrow? Tommy is going to be with Phil all day, and I can keep my mouth shut for awhile."

He grinned at me mischievously.

I sigh, and turn to leave. "Thanks, Will-I-am." I grin as I sprint to my room and hear a faint "It's WILLIAM, you-"Echo down the hallway. When the room seemingly appears in front of me, I turn in and I slam the door. I settle in to bed; letting my hair splay out as I relax.

My room is bathed in the silvery light of the moon as I glance around, confirming I shined my weapons. That voices chatter about Wilbur and all the excitement supposed to be happening tomorrow. One of the voices make a remark while I stare at the moon and I groan.

"Hey, the moon looks like y/n's eyes!"

"Oh my, you're right!"
" Yoooo techno, you're a simp, you're picturing her right now aren't you???"

I sigh
"Shut up. I can't have bags when Princess Y/n arrives tomorrow."

I fall asleep thinking of all the month ahead will bring, as I could feel that y/n would be bringing something new into my life

(715 words)