Chapter V - The Second Meeting

Y/n POV

I sit by the window in the spacious carriage provided by King Phil. We left ours at the lodge, with a hefty tithe for repairs. I hear my parents murmuring and Thorne laugh. It could be because I look like an eager puppy, ready to spring out of the carriage. I do have manners however, so I definitely won't do that.

I'll try to not do that.

I don't think I'll do that.

I also choose a much more fitting gown for today because of the small fact that I'll be meeting Technoblade again, in a more formal setting.

(Deviantart on Pinterest, in your favorite colour :))

I'm pulled from my thoughts as what I see registers in my brain.

"Holy moons, Thorne look!"

I hear a small gasp from Thorne as we all look up and see the gargantuan castle in the distance. It sparkles in the sun, and has huge flags on the largest turrets. As we got closer it seemed to grow in size and as we entered the gates of the inner village, bells started ringing. Citizens poked their heads out in curiosity, and some people waved. I put on my most radiant smile as I waved back excitedly, but my stomach was churning. Thorne looked over at me.

"Butterflies?"
She asked expectantly.

"More like writhing snakes eating my nerves". I mutter back.

The carriage climbs up the hill leading to the castle and Thorne gives me a look of pity.

"You look terrified. Its funny how you're not scared when you're fighting and almost die, but when you're meeting a guy that's obviously into you, you freeze up? "

I just stare at them, my eyes boring into their soul as they shudder and turn away.

"Y/nnn, stop!"

They swat at me and I turn towards my window with a humph. As much as I deny it though, I know that they're right. Why am I so scared meeting some guy? Sure, he's a flirt and is extremely charming but I'm immune to other guys, why not him? I breath out and square my shoulder. I'll be fine, I got this.

As we reach the main residence, I look at the stunning gardens and aged marble statues. If King Philza is one thing, he's thoughtful. The winged statues are of his wife, and a piglin-esque who appears to be The blade. His statue features a large axe and shield. These statues seem new, and around the courtyard are 4 other statues. I can recognize 2, one being King Philza in polished armor with wings ready, while the other seems to be the eldest brother, Wilbur. His statue is starkly different from the others being battle ready, as is depicts a scroll and quill in one hand, and a dagger in the other. However, there is another statue of two teen boys tending to a stone beehive.

Just as I zone back in, Thorne pokes me before getting out of the carriage. I quickly get in position to step out, and smile at the young page assisting me. He smiles back, especially after seeing my lack of a train. As I look ahead, I struggle to breath as I bask in the sight ahead of me. Golden plaited doors lead into the most grand palace I've ever seen, plus the line of royal men beside Queen Kristin. Techo is starkly different then the rest, all sharing more human features versus his peony-pink hair in a braid that cascades down his back, and his delicately pointed ears. Next to him on the right is Wilbur, Philza, and Kristen. On his left seems to be the two boys featured on the bee statue, whispering excitedly. I smiled as I joined my family to exchange plesentries, and we all curtsy. In exchange the family across bows back and welcomes us inside their castle. As we walk in and goggle at the elegence of it all, I feel Techno's eyes boring into my back. My breath is unsteady as we enter a large great room, with multiple plush couches and high-backed chairs by a huge fireplace that climbs up the wall.

" Dania, Sapphire! How are you? Thorne and Y/n have gotten so much older, I havent seen them since Techno hit y/n with his training sword and she almost strangled him! How old was y/n, like 7?"

All the parents laughed and I looked up in shock at Techno. I know I have no recollection of that, what about him? I see Techno's head shoot up and gape at King Philza. I guess he's confused as well. I look questioningly at the teens in the corner whisper-shouting at each other and King Philza calls them over.

"Right, this is Tommy and Tubbo. These guys are 13 and 14, and we took them in after a nasty battle by the outer gates. As you probably saw on the way in, lots more security and fortifications. Tommy has been helping us talk to the villagers about what they need, and Tubbo is now our official grounds bee keeper. I'm proud of all my boys."

Philza looked up at all the boys and grinned, and I notice a few stings on the older boy I assume to be Tubbo. I grin at the boys, and walk over to where they're sitting as the older people talk and Techno sits in stoic silence beside Wibur.

"Hello Tommy, Tubbo, I'm princess Y/n, lovely to meet you!"

They look at me in stunned silence, until the child I assume to be Tommy says something.

"Nice to meet you y/n, I'm Tommy and this is Tubbo, and we're the best of the siblings!"

Tommy puffs out his chest and I smile.

This kid is a goof but he is also adorable..

Tubbo perks up.

"Whats your favorite animal? Mine are bees! Oh also I have something for you!"

He runs off excited and I smile.

Tubbo returns with a small jar of honey, with a e/c diamond embedded into the lid.

"We heard you were coming, and Techno couldn't stop talking about you..."

Tommy leans in and whispers in my ear.

"Tubbs here wanted to get on your good side because we'll be seeing a lot of you in the future... The big man has taken a liking to ya.."

My face flushed and I laugh. I deduce the "Big man" is Techno, and it starts my stomach contortions once again.

"We'll have to see about that, but thank you so much!"

I pat their heads, and just as I stand up I hear a familiar gruff voice behind me.

"Tommy, Tubbo, what did you guys do now?"

I jump and turn to see techno looming over the three of us. His feigned ignorance fooled nobody, as the murder in his eyes told us he already knew the gist of the mischief that took place. The two boys started sprinted out, and I see Queen Kristin shake her head. Techno scratches the back of his neck nervously, and I smile up at him.

"They seem quite sweet."

Techno's expression turns soft and half-smiles.

"Only sometimes, they're little trouble makers alright. Jumping to conclusions, and on me.."

I laugh and show Techno the jar of honey that was gifted to me.

"This is what they were talking to me about, although a rumor came with it..."

He looked at me expectantly, and I weighed my options. I could tell him what was said, or get something in return...

(1279 words)

A/n - You're getting fed today:) happy summer break for everyone who has it!