Chapter Four

All your reports had to be approved and signed by Wanda.

Which meant that she would see the little number typed in the corner of the page - which to many would just be a typo - but the woman would surely understand.

Biting back a smile, the first thing you did as soon as you arrived at the office that morning was to go to Wanda's office. She would always arrive a bit late when she took the boys to school, which turned out to be a good thing because you found the place empty.

Leaving your reports on the desk as you always did, you looked around for a moment, unable not to chuckle to yourself when you noticed the drawer ajar.

A peek inside and you had your confirmation with the lingerie set - previously folded - completely turned over inside the drawer.

This woman.

Figuring the numbers were just the tip of the iceberg, you took your clothes back, able to imagine the frustrated expression that you had disobeyed her again.

The office was filling up gratefully, and you wasted no time in getting down to work, although your mind was going to be very much focused on the arrival of a certain redhead.

Natasha arrived shortly after you and raised an eyebrow at seeing you so cheerful in the morning - mumbling songs and answering emails kindly even though they were about things that were not your responsibility - so she knew immediately that you were up to something.

"What did you do?" she asked curiously as she took off her coat to put on the back of her chair. You laughed, spinning in your seat to look at her.

"First, good morning, Nat, how are you? Did you sleep well, did you and Maria catch any traffic?"

Nat laughed too, shaking her head. "Everything is great, now tell me why the little smile before ten. You are not a morning person."

"I don't know what you're talking about, I just woke up happy today." You retorted casually, turning your chair toward your laptop again.

Nat continued with a suspicious expression, and as she took the water bottle out of her purse, she questioned:

"Yeah, I don't buy it. Come on, tell me."

With a sigh of amusement, you continue to type although you replied, "Let's just say I'm testing out new buttons to push."

Natasha frowned in confusion. But then she noticed that you stole glances toward Wanda's door a few times, and raised an eyebrow.

"I'm afraid to ask what you've up to this time."

"An innocent lie."

"Another one?" Nat retorted impressed, and you just shrugged.

"Oops."

Nat laughed, shaking her head. "What are you going to make up now, that Strange asked you to marry him?"

"Who is getting married?" Bucky cut in curiously, arriving at the office accompanied by Steve, both with Starbuck's cups in their hands.

Nat chuckled, gesturing that it wasn't that. "Y/N is messing with the witch."

The guys made curious expressions, and as they placed their folders on the table, Steve commented:

"I think you risk too much, Y/N. After what happened on Friday..."

"We shouldn't talk about that." Bucky mutters making you chuckle confusedly. Steve nudges him to shut up, but you've already heard him.

"What do you mean you shouldn't...?" You start but by the mixed expressions of shame and guilt, you lock your jaw. None of the three look like they are going to tell you anything, so you stand up to address the woman approaching with some sweet cookies.