Final Chapter

After saying goodbye to you, Pietro did not return to the company as originally planned. Instead, he went shopping, and with a really curious Monica Rambeau on the phone, spent a few hours in the most expensive stores of the New York business district choosing an ideal outfit for his twin sister. At lunchtime, he drove back to the Maximoff Company, and after greeting the front desk staff, walked up to Wanda's office.

The man frowned slightly when after knocking on the door, he entered and was faced with Wanda sitting on the carpet with her legs crossed and her eyes closed.

"Did you finally lose your mind? I'm taking the boys and the apartment if you get locked up." He mocked, to which he only received an impatient sigh before the woman opened her eyes and leaned over slightly to turn off her cell phone which echoed soft music throughout the office.

"It's called meditation." She clarifies as her brother enters and closes the door, the bags in hand he places on the armchair, and Wanda frowns in curiosity at the items. "What are these?"

"I brought you presents." Pietro explains with a smile. "But I think maybe I should have brought some medicine."

"Fuck off." Wanda mumbles with a short laugh that her brother shares. The woman stands up unhurriedly, stretching her legs and arms before walking toward the bags. She hums curiously as she notices the fancy clothes inside. "Why did you buy me a dress?"

"For you to wear tomorrow." Answered her brother casually, moving to occupy the empty armchair.

"But why?"

Pietro chuckles at his sister's suspicious expression, "It's a gift. Like, a courtesy for bothering you for the last few weeks."

Wanda gives a short laugh, "Pietro, you're not a nuisance."

"Okay, so it's an apology for interrogating your girlfriend." He says, and Wanda frowns immediately.

"Excuse me?"

"Before you get mad, it was just breakfast." He says but Wanda already has her eyebrow raised in disbelief, her arms crossed. "I wanted to know what her intentions were."

"I'm going to kill you."

Pietro laughed, raising his hands in surrender. "Everything turned out fine. Better than expected by the way. She's really fun, didn't back down once." He commented, but Wanda just sighed impatiently at her brother's rudeness. "Remember that kid from college who ran out when I first approached him?"

"Yes, I remember Simon, he was my boyfriend. And no I haven't forgiven you for that." Wanda retorts between her teeth. "I told you to stop being nosy."

"And I politely ignored you."

With an irritated grumble, Wanda rolls her eyes and turns to her desk, deciding that she had better get back to work soon. As she sits down in her chair, Pietro sighs and comments:

"I'm not going to the Expo tomorrow." He counters.

"Why not?" Wanda asks without taking her eyes off the computer.

"You seem angry enough with me, and you know how I get bored at events like this. I was only going there so I could talk to Y/N, but now that this already happened, there's no reason to make that sacrifice." He explains, and Wanda sighs trying not to get into that subject again. Pietro straightens his blazer before adding, "Is it okay if I take the boys out? Flash forward a little of the most amazing summer with their favorite uncle?"

Wanda laughs lightly. "Sure, but please give them some real food. Hot dog and soda are delicious, but they need to eat properly."

"Yes, ma'am." Pietro retorted almost ironically making his sister smile. "Hey, are you ready for lunch?"