Chapter Five

Yelena got carried away with movie nights.

You, Nat, and Maria barely stumbled into your apartment, chatting about work, when the girl approached you three with questions about what movie you were going to see, and what you wanted to eat.

Natasha laughed as she took off her shoes and jacket, telling her sister to take a breath.

"You girls can go ahead and pick the movie, I need a shower." You let out a tired sigh, wishing you could fall asleep inside the tub.

Several minutes later, the four of you were sprawled out in the living room - Yelena in the larger armchair with her feet up, Nat practically lying on top of Maria on the sofa, and you on the soft carpet, trying to organize the food on the table. The girls began a lively discussion about their choice of movie, and you laughed as you commented that your vote went to anything that wasn't sad.

"I want to see The Godfather." Natasha spoke up trying to steal the remote control from her sister, but Yelena grimaced.

"No way, I'm not watching Al Pacino for the fourth time this month in a row!" retorted the blonde, making you and Maria laugh.

Hill seemed more interested in removing the knots from Nat's red hair with her fingers, looking at her wife fondly, and you were more interested in the food.

"Let's just not watch Mafia for once, Natasha, my god!" Yelena asked aloud. "I think we should watch something dramatic, like all of you are all the time."

Nat rolled her eyes, laughing as she threw a pillow at her sister. The blonde deflected the blow to ask you:

"What would you like to see, Y/N?"

You smiled. "Something funny, maybe The Office?"

Nat let out a loud grumble from the couch, "Of course you wanna watch something about work after work!" She mocked, receiving only your middle finger in return, which made her laugh. "Y/N is officially off the voting."

You chuckled, shaking your head as the girls went back to arguing.

It took another fifteen minutes for Yelena to finally put on a romantic movie that neither of you knew, and silence hovered.

"That is so sadly straight." Natasha commented on the story, eliciting giggles from all of you.

"I said we should have put in something sapphic." Maria comments, receiving a grumble of agreement from her wife, but Yelena asks for silence.

A moment later, when the blonde in the armchair is practically asleep - Neither of you has said anything, knowing how exhausted Lena must have been from college - Natasha nudges you with her foot.

"How are things with the Hot Milf?" She asked and Maria giggled against her, while you made a confused expression.

"Who...? Oh." When you understood, you felt your face heat up, but you just rolled your eyes at Nat. "Don't call her that."

"It's not a lie."

You laughed, moving to throw a pillow in your friend's face. "I know, but you can't call her that. Just I can if I want to."

"Okay, okay." Nat chuckled hugging the pillow you threw at her. "Now tell me, how are things between you two?"

You sighed. "I think we had a moment today."

Maria frowned. "Did you guys have sex in the office?" She questioned making Nat snicker, and you quickly deny it.

"The image you have of me as a person is sad." You retorted with narrowed eyes, ignoring Nat's "but it's accurate" to clarify, "I meant we talked a little. But it was weird too. One minute she was sharing and the next she was pushing me away."