chapter three~ the first day

"Mirielle...Mirielle... good morning mi estrella." I hear quiet coo-ing from my door way.

"Huh what?" I groan before realizing it's my dad.

"Cmon we don't want you to be late in your first day." My dad smiled as he turned on my lights. I sat up in my bed and huffed

"Why do I even have to go? It Friday!" I groaned.

"That's not up to me..." my dad put his hands up in surrender. "Alright I'll be downstairs, hurry up, you don't want to miss your bus." He said closing the door behind him.

I swung my legs around to the other side of the bed and stood up. I took a deep breath and ran my hand through my hair. I walked over to my dresser and opened a drawer to grab, a black turtle neck and big yellow tshirt that said 'Alaska' on it. I closed the drawer to open another to grab a pair of black jeans. I slipped on the outfit and threw on a pair of gold hoop earrings. I picked a claw clip from my desk in the corner and twisted it into my hair. I grabbed my grey backpack and walked out my door and downstairs. When I got into the kitchen I saw my father cooking at the stove and my mother standing at the kitchen island.

"Mirielle." she was short with me.

"Camilla." I looked her up and down.

"Good morning." She said to me.

"Morning." I responded making a bee line to the fridge.

"Are you excited about school today?" My mother asked me.

"Yep." I dryly answered her grabbing the oat milk and creamer. I walked over to the coffee machine and pressed the iced coffee button. I watched the coffee pour into my glass and added creamer and oat milk and stirred it with my straw. I know riveting stuff going on in this kitchen!

"Well breakfast is served my two wonderful ladies!" My dad smiled walking over to my mom and I with a plate full of chocolate chip pancakes. "Here you go me estrella." He smiled putting two pancakes on my plate and planting a kiss on my forehead.

"Thanks dad." I gave him a small tired smile.

"Here you go mi reina." My dad smiled putting some pancakes on my mom's plate.

"Ah gracias mi amor" she titled her head up at my dad for a kiss which lasted a little too long.

"Eww get a room you too." I complained with a mouth full of pancake.

"Ugh Mimi, it's completely normal for couple to kiss ..." my mom explained holding on to my dad's chin.

"Whatever I gotta go!" I insisted putting my plate in the sink and rushing over to my front door.

"Uh bup bup, you forgot something..." my dad sarcastically said.

I pivoted myself around and gave him a side hug. "Bye dad."

I walked back over to put my doc martens on and laced them as tight as I could. I opened up the front and walked out into the Massachusetts august air.

I made strides over to the corner where my bus stop is to see another girls with curly brown hair waiting there.

"Hey." I greeted her.

"Hey." She said back.

"What your name" I asked her.

"Ginny." She looked up at me annoyed.

"I'm..." I hadn't really thought about what I wanted to be called in the new town. I mean I don't mind people calling me Mirielle, but it's just too long and I can't stand the nick name Mimi, it's too childish. "Elle." I said after an uncomfortable five second pause.