chapter 5 ~ actions

It was now five o'clock and Max and Mirielle had been cracking jokes all afternoon.

"Ahahaha Elle you're so funny!" Max giggled.

"Heh, I try." Elle stared at the ceiling while laying at the foot of Max's bed. "Well my mom's gonna be home soon. She's gonna be pissed that she's at the house before me." She got up from the bed to go get her stuff.

"No you can't go! You're the new love of my life!" Max threw her head back and whined.

"I'm flattered but you don't want to poke the bear." Mirielle smiled while grabbing her bag and walking out the door. She stopped into the living room and saw Mrs. Baker. "Thank you for having me." She said to the woman.

"Of course! It was lovely meeting you." Mrs. Baker complimented the young girl. Mrs. Baker seemed like a nice woman, hell a nice mom. Mirielle always wondered what it would be like to have a mom who was around, and there for her kids. Someone to take her on mommy daughter days.

Elle walked outside to the drive way to see her newest acquaintance sanding in the drive way  polishing his motorcycle.

"So what's your favorite song by Wednesday?" Marcus asked rhetorically.

"You don't have to be a jerk." She rolled her eyes and walked over to view the bike.

"Want a ride?" he asked her with a smirk.

"When? December ?" Elle sneered and saddled the bike.

"Ugh chicks always want a pic with the bike, here give me your phone?" Marcus rolled his eyes but before he could turn himself around he heard the bike rev up and Mirielle had taken off.

She felt free, no liberated, no she felt alive. For the first time in a long time Mirielle felt like she was flying. The wind was hitting her face and coursing through her wild curls. She dawned a wide grin on her face before finishing her joy ride around the block and parking the bike in the Baker's driveway. Adrenaline was rushing through her, she felt like she couldn't think but also like her mind has never been more clear. So without thinking she got off the bike and rushed her self over to Marcus.

"Dude, so not cool-" he let out before being cut off by the feeling of Mirielle wrapping her arms around him and placing her lips on his. She quickly pulled her mouth off of his to look at his face. Marcus looked at her with desire in his eyes then pressed his lips onto her's, kissing tenderly.

They finally released from each other and stared into eachother's eyes processing what happened.

Then all the sudden a girl in a forest green Subaru pulled up to the Baker's house. "Marcus! C'mon let's go!" The girl shouted from her car.

"I should go..." Elle quietly trailed.

"Um... yeah... you should, I've got um- somewhere to be." Marcus rubbed the back of his neck and walked off to the green car.

"Who's that?" The girl in the car asked.

"No one... just one of Max's stupid friends." Marcus rolled his eyes at her.

Mirielle just stood there in the Baker's drive way and pressed her hands to her face and hung her head. "Fuuuuckkkk!" she groaned, she had made her first friend and now she could have jeopardized that because she kissed her new friend's brother. She walked next door back over to her house and opened the door only to be met with her less than pleased mother.

"Artemia Mirielle Ximena Del Gado! What the hell were you doing? Hanging around with that boy, kissing that boy when I told you not to be around him!" Camilla's voice was filled with rage.

"Why hello to you too, Mother." Mirielle was less than responsive to her mother.

"Oh don't give me that shit! You don't deserve a nice 'hi, hello' from me, not after you directly disobeyed me!" Camilla shouted at her daughter.

"What does it matter to you? Why do you all the sudden care?" Mirielle gave in to her mother. "ALSO why are you home? You don't get out til 6!" She questioned her mother.

"I... had a small stomach bug." Her mom swallowed. "Hey, don't change the subject on me! And after all the shit you put our family through, I have to care. You finally got your life on track and I will not let you self destruct again!" Her mom spat more venom.

"vete al infierno!" Mirielle shouted at her mom then stomped up the stairs.

"Oh! Now you want to speak Spanish!" Her mother fumed back and chased after her.

"Leave me alone!" Elle shouted while slamming her door shut.

"No you don't get to do this anymore! For once you're actually gonna have to listen to me and what I have to say to you!" Her mother yelled at the door.

Mirielle, on the other didn't know what to do to drown out her mothers shouts she leaned herself against the door and slid down it with her hands pushing into the sides of her head in an attempt to shield her for the words coming from the other side of the door.