ALL IN

When Rose had lost her job, she had advertised herself for work as well as reached out to the contacts she had made over the past two years in case something came up at their companies. Yet, she was still shocked when JYP Entertainment called her to invite her for an interview.

Rose had a feeling that one of her new friends may have had something to do with her getting an interview. However, it wasn't an opportunity she could pass up. If other companies had the same stance on soulmates working in rival companies, then JYP may be the only place she could work with Idols.

"This job will involve working with our group Stray Kids. Their comeback is days away and for various reasons we need a new staff member. The position is a little bit of everything for now. You'll mostly be like a personal assistant for the group, making sure they have everything they need, helping out the makeup artists and stylists. Do you think this is something you would be good at?"

"Yes. My last job was similar. Although I was mainly the makeup artist's assistant, I helped the other staff when needed."

"You were there two years? We already contacted them for a reference, and they had nothing but good things to say. Hard-working and dedicated. Why did you leave that job?"

"The truth? They fired me because they found out that my soulmate works at another entertainment company. They were worried about loyalty."

"I see. Well, our contracts are such that we wouldn't share those concerns. None of our employees would take the risk of breaking their contracts. You understand?"

"I do."

"Good. We'll be in touch once we've made our decision, most likely by the end of the day as we will need you to start straight away."

"Thank you."

Rose wasn't expecting to be abused as soon as she stepped into the hallway.

"Noona! How did it go?"

The sight of Changbin's smiling face brought a smile to her own face.

"Hello, Changbin. How did you know I was here?"

"It's one of my superpowers. Come on, I want to show you something."

The rapper grabbed her wrist and started leading her through the building until they stopped outside a door.

"What are we doing?"

"This is Chan-Hyung's studio. You can say no, but he would really like to talk to you."

Rose hoped Changbin didn't notice how her body stiffened at the mention of Stray Kids' leader.

"Oh? Why would he want to talk to me?"

"We both know why, Noona. I know your first meeting must have been upsetting, but can you give him a second chance?"

"You know?"

"Yes."

"How long?"

"Since the fan meeting. After you left, Chan went looking for you. He didn't find you, but when I found him, he told me that he had just met his soulmate."

"So, he knows?"

She pointed towards the closed door and Changbin gave her a small nod. Rose took a deep breath as she tried to process what the new information she had learnt meant.

"Will you talk to him?"

The answer was always going to be yes. At the very least Rose needed the closure, the confrontation that she never got to have the last time that they met.