Winter Falls

"Australia?! I thought I was going back to Korea!"

Rose and her mum had turned up at the airport, only for her to find out that her destination wasn't what she expected.

"Why would you do that when your soulmate is somewhere else? Surely you knew that he'd gone home."

"Yes, but I don't know when he's leaving! We could miss each other."

"Fate wouldn't be so cruel. Go on, off you go, and good luck!"

"I think I'm going to need it."

It was a long flight, but she was excited once she arrived. Rose had always wanted to visit Australia - after Felix reassured her that the spiders weren't that big. She took a moment to take in the country before making a game plan.

Chan had mentioned a couple of places he liked to go in Sydney on his V Live, so she decided to start there. She did have his family's address, but she wanted to keep that as a last resort. Turning up unannounced was already going to be interesting without including his family.

I could always just ring him.

It could only have been a work of fate that when she was walking around the harbour she spotted someone who looked very familiar. Rose was torn between running to him and running away. Now that she was here, the fear of the unknown kicked in. Would he be happy to see her, angry, upset? There was only one way to find out.

He was leaning against the railing looking out to sea as she approached. Almost as if it was planned, once she was closer he turned towards her. She knew the exact moment he spotted her. He stared at her for a moment, probably wondering if she was real before starting to walk towards her. Rose met him halfway and they stopped in front of each other.

"Hello, Chan."

Realising that he wasn't imagining her, Chan stepped forwards and wrapped his arms around her.

"Rose. My Rose."

She didn't know how long they stayed like that for, but there was no way she was going to pull away first. When eventually he did pull back he held her face between his hands. When he didn't say anything, Rose began to feel uncomfortable.

"Surprise..."

"I can't believe your here."

"Are you happy to see me?"

"Happy? Rose, I..."

Chan couldn't find the words to describe how he felt right then. Instead, he leaned in and captured her lips in a heartfelt kiss. Pulling back, he leant his forehead against hers.

"I missed you."

Rose felt a tear run down her cheek.

"I missed you, too."

Chan kissed the tear away before kissing her lips again.

"Are you here to stay?"

"Forever, if you'll have me."

"You know I will."

Rose was almost sure she was dreaming. Her soulmate's welcome had been unlike anything she had imagined. The thing that made her sure she was awake was the weather.

"It's freezing here!"

"Did you forget it's winter here in Australia?"

"No... This trip wasn't exactly planned. It's summer everywhere else."

"Here."

Chan started to take his coat off and Rose's eyes widened in alarm.

"No, Chan! Then you'll be cold!"