We're Not Alone

We ran as fast as we could, thrusting whatever objects we picked up into Chaos' face. Finally, we ran full circle, allowing Brooklynn to retrieve her wooden bat. Luckily, Chaos slipped and crashed, forcing us to stumble.

"Quick, outside!" Yasmina screamed, leading the way.

We followed close behind, but the second Baryonyx started chasing us. Chaos and Limbo fell onto one another, snapping and snarling. We burst through the entrance to the lab, screaming. We headed to the jungle, but a third Baryonyx stopped us.

"Grim!" Sammy exclaimed the Baryonyx growling.

Grim took a step towards us but looked at the lab as we heard the cries of Chaos and Limbo. We ran away from the carnivore, ensuring we were safe. We stopped by two twisted, old trees and dropped to the ground, tired but relieved.

"What's wrong?" Yasmina asked, concerned.

"It's just... I was so close to finding something. But I dropped the envelope," Brooklyn replied, sighing disappointedly. Sammy grinned and crouched in front of her, pulling the brown envelope out of her pocket. She showed it to Brooklynn, whose eyes began to sparkle.

"You mean this?"

"Sammy! You grabbed it?" Brooklyn exclaimed with a warm smile.

"Of course!" Sammy replied, sitting beside her. Brooklynn took the envelope and unsealed it, removing its contents.

"All right. A bunch of numbers and letters and..." Brooklynn began, flipping through the notes attached. She then paused, showing us a small white card. "This thing."

"That looks like a key card; my dad has one just like that," I said.

"What? Well, where can we use it?"

"Anywhere, really, but that depends on the class. If it's a guest card, it won't open up anything major if it's a guest card, just like a special waiting room or something."

Brooklynn was interrupted by the snarls of the Baryonyx trio. We yelped, jumping up from where we sat.

"Or maybe we should go," Brooklynn said. "Let's not push our luck," Sammy agreed, all of us running toward our treehouse.

~

We smiled when we noticed water flowing into the river. It meant Darius and Kenji succeeded in their expedition, Unboxing the mystery of missing water! So we climbed up the ladder, looking at them proudly.

"Looks like someone has solved the water problem," I said, grinning.

"You're welcome. All me," Kenji replied, making his way to the sofa and leaning his legs on the table.

"Yeah!" Brooklynn exclaimed.

"All right!"

"H20, baby!"

Brooklynn then pulled out the white card. "And we found this!" She presented it proudly to Darius and Kenji, but they stared at it blankly. The two glanced at each other hesitantly then Darius spoke.

"Was that something you were looking for?" he asked with an uncertain smile.

"Kinda," we said. Sammy and Brooklynn high-fived each other with broad smiles.

"Okay... Awesome!" Darius cheered with a dry voice.

"Yeah, that thing," Kenji said, twirling his finger.

"Have fun, whatever you're using that thing for," Darius muttered, writing in the small notebook he had found before.

"You know, if Esther Stone were here, she'd say-" Sammy began. Kenji stood up.