Hap

"Mmm, oh man, that is good!" Sammy sighed in ecstasy, stuffing her mouth with bacon.

"This tastes of Heaven," I murmured, chewing the sandwich I had made with the toast, bacon and eggs. Brooklynn scoffed down some of the fried eggs that Tiff had given us, resting her head with a satisfied smile. Darius was chatting with Mitch and Tiff while eating a buttered toast.

"After that, we escaped another dinosaur attack and another one after we saw your bonfire-."

"-This is like cooking back home!"

"And you saved us from a dinosaur attack."

And here you are, after all you've been through. Dinosaurs destroyed your camp, everyone abandoned you, and losing your friend."

At the mention of Ben, we stopped eating. I dropped my mug and stared silently at the table. Someone squeezed my hand and glanced up, seeing Kenji. We all shared pained looks, and Mitch turned to Tiff.

"Don't be a downer, babe. They're here with us now, and they're safe," Mitch said.

"And when our boat comes back in a couple of days-"

"-After it refuels in Papagayo," Tiff interjected.

"-After it refuels in Papagayo, we'll get you back to the mainland," Mitch finished.

"We're leaving in two days!?" Darius was in disbelief.

"Is this happening?" Sammy asked Tiff, who was sitting diagonally from here.

"It is, sweetie. You're going home," Tiff replied.

"Whoo-hoo!" Sammy cheered.

"Yeah!"

"Yes! We're going home!" We all laughed and smiled, feeling nothing but relief and joy.

"Hey, you wanna see some pics we took of Big Five animals in Botswana?" Mitch said, nudging Darius and bringing out his camera.

"Oh! These are so cool," Darius said, peering over his shoulder. Kenji scoffed, crossing his arms.

"The camera does the work for you. I've also got a JC-1000." He looked over at them pointedly but scowled when the two ignored him. "Actually, I've got a JC-3000. Prototype, never been on the market-"

"-Got any dinosaur shots?" Darius interrupted excitedly, Kenji rolling his eyes. Mitch frowned.

"Unfortunately, not yet. I had my sights set on the Trex; I can't wait to see its craniofacial biting behaviour in action," he paused and glanced at Darius with an apologetic smile. "Sorry, I can be a bit of a nerd on dinosaurs." Darius began to grin widely.

"Craniofacial talk? I'll bite." Darius then flushed and covered his face while I giggled. That was adorable!

"Sorry. That was terrible," Darius quickly apologised. Mitch shook his head humorously.

"Looks like we both need muzzles," he said, chuckling.

"I know, right?" Darius agreed, laughing. Although the conversation between Mitch and Darius was going well, Kenji was scowling.

"What's so interesting about bad dinosaur jokes?" he muttered, taking a piece of toast and biting it.

"Boasting and lying about the type of camera you have isn't so interesting, either," I said, giving him a look. Kenji sighed.

"Obviously," he replied.

We all continued eating until our plates were cleared, and Tiff stood up. "All right, why don't you kids freshen up while we clear the table? It's a little primitive, sorry. But, in the bathroom yurt, you'll find a solar-powered shower and a heated toilet," she said.