Ice Accident Part 1

Scott couldn't sleep. He was so worried about his ice powers. He decided to visit GeminiTay about it in the morning.
In the morning, Scott flew to the Crystal Cliffs early that morning. He knocked on the Wizard's door multiple times until finally she opened her door. Gem stood in the doorway wearing purple pyjamas and she had green slippers.
Gem: Scott? Why are you here so early.
Scott: Sorry Gem. I know it's a bad time but I need some help and advice.
Gem: About?
Scott: I have ice powers and I need help controlling it.
Gem: Oh, alright. Let me get dressed first.
Scott was so anxious he hadn't even realised Gem was still in her pyjamas. He waited outside for about 5 minutes until she opened the door again. She came out wearing her traditional wizard outfit and her huge purple hat. She was holding her staff too.
Gem: Follow me to my lake.
They both walked down to her lake and Scott showed her his powers and his trouble with them. She suggested enrolling in her academy and he agreed. Gem brought him to a room of the academy and they practiced a little.
Gem: Can you freeze it?
Scott: Yeah I can.
Scott freezes the water that's in front of him.
Gem: Perfect! Now try to thaw it.
Scott: That's the problem.. I can't.
Gem: Try Scott.
Scott: Fine.
A few minutes later.
Gem: Keep trying!
Scott: I can't Gem.
Gem: Scott just try a little harder.
Scott:Gem enough!
It all happened in a second. Ice spikes rose from the floor. The room grew colder every second. Scott looked around and saw Gem, struggling to get out of an ice spike which trapped her.
Scott: No! Oh god.
Gem: It's alright, I'm fine.
Scott: You're not fine! I'm not fine either! I always hurt people! Look at your hair!
Gem: I'm not hurt! Trust me, it's fine.
Scott:I-I have to go far away.
Scott flies away. Gem runs after him and stops when she reaches the balcony.
Gem: Scott! I could help you.
Gem walks down and head to her apothecary to get a potion to heal her.