49- 𝖍𝖊 𝖐𝖓𝖔𝖜𝖘

FLAVIO

FLAVIO

Things were going way smoother than I expected. For some reason I wasn't so bothered that Scarlet needed time away from us anymore, in fact I realized that would be the best for me and this family so I wouldnt fuck shit up for her anymore.

No matter how much I wanted her back I knew I had to let her go and respect her decision

I think raising this many kids at a young age made me loose myself, especially since I still wasnt done growing up myself.

I was so focused on trying to protect everyone but instead ended up doing the opposite.

I sit at my office desk my head stuffed in a book I had just ordered, my gold wired glasses resting softly on the bridge of my Nose.

"hey have you seen my basketball-", Xavier barges in accidentally looking at my book with wide eyes.

I slam it shut and place it on my lap but its too late he's already seen it.

"aint no way", he says.

The room is silent for a while.

"BEGGINERS GUIDE TO PARENTING?!", he says emphasizing the title of the book.

He suddenly bursts out laughing like ive never seen before.

I rub my face in embarassment cringing at his loud unbearable laughing.

"A mafia boss doing shit like this is way funnier than I ever imagined", he says doubling over with more laughter.

"theres nothing wrong with educating myself", I say trying to excuse myself from his ridicule.

This only causes him to laugh even more.

Then it gets really quiet.

"Flavio", Xavier calls me.

He pauses in thought for a moment before making eye contact with me.

"You didnt need to spend money on this useless book", he says his voice serious.

I doubt his words heavily but continue staring at him intently listening.

"im sure your aware about how our family isnt like many others dont beat yourself up", he says.

"yeah but due to our circumstances I NEED to properly protect all of you", i say genuinely.

"see thats your problem its impossible to protect all of us, this world is gonna always knock you down so whenever it does to either one of us just be ready to help lift us back up", he says.

He starts leaving before finally saying something else

"listen to ur heart instead of your head", he states closing the door to my office.

When did this kid get so fucking wise.

I nod taking in his words then proceed to throw away the book in the bin.

DANTE

Im lying down watching soccer with the guys when I hear my phone ring.

I decide to ignore it my eyes still intensly focused on the lively game in front of me.

It rings again loudly causing me to get an annoyed stare from Chris.

"HEY I TOLD YALL MANCHESTER UNITED WOULD WIN", Luca yells stuffing his face with sour patch kids.

"Even if they win i'm not giving you any cash", Jace says smirking.

"BUT WE MADE A BET", Luca says dramatically.

"shut the hell up shitface were only at the halftime mark", Xavier says irritated slightly hunched staring intensly at the brutal soccer match being played on the TV.

The ringing continues on loudly making me groan annoyed.

"just pick it up goddamnit", Flavio finally says agitated.

"fine", i say rolling my eyes.

I pick up the phone expecting nothing.

I put it on speaker since I cant hear shit.

"HELLO", I yell with irritation.

The guys chuckle at my anger finding it somehow amusing.

I wait a few seconds my patience running out by the second.

Then I hear it

something I never want to hear again.

A piercing scream that immediatly shuts all of us up.

"w-what the hell was that", Luca says almost hesitant.

I know that voice anywhere.

I think about that weird text I got earlier from her which I had assumed was a accidental text but it makes sense now.

It was a cry for help and I missed it.

My face had gone still and I was shaking which Xavier immediatly picked up on.

Flavio looks at me with wide eyes.

He knows.

"Its Scarlette", I choke out with a whisper.

"Track that fucking line NOW",Flavio says.

--------------------————————————————

A/N: sorry for the delay I got lazy😪 anyways there's only about 3 chapters LEFT WOWWW...FOR THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN HERE SINCE THE BEGINNING CHAPTER I LOVE YOU.

Also if you got questions feel free to ask