Fangs and Silver

Geno pressed his back to the door after he locked it and slid down to the floor, knees held close to his chest. 

How could he have been so stupid? Not only did he almost hug the vampire back, he neglected to notice the pure silver necklace laced around the others neck. 

He leaned his skull against the door and sighed. His panic probably revealed everything to Reaper, considering the idiot was already suspicious of him apparently. 

"I shouldn't have run." He muttered, fear laced within his tone of voice. 

He contracted into himself even more, face sinking into his scarf. He had messed up royally, and he knew it. All he could do was hope Reaper wouldn't look into it, but knowing how he was that seemed impossible, and it probably was. 

He slowly brought brought his wound hand towards his face and studied it for a moment. There was a dark red mark across the bones that made up the palm of his hand. Clenching it into a fist he let out a small angry growl. 

He thought talking about that part of his past would make him feel better, especially since he could let it be known just how much he hated Reaper's kind. In a way the story was more of an indirect insult, telling Reaper just how much he needed to leave. 

Then there was the hug. How could he so foolish? He knew exactly how conniving vampires were, yet he had let his guard down right in front of one. He even explained it, yet still fell for the trap. He growled, realizing, or more like assuming, that if he hadn't have been burned Reaper would have taken his opportunity.  

Geno slapped his boney hand against his skull. He showed weakness, the kind of weakness a creature like Reaper could easily take advantage of. That hug probably wasn't a sign of comfort, that bastard was probably going to drink his blood. 

As much as the smaller wanted to hide the fact he wasn't mortal, he was kind of grateful for that burning wake up call. Maybe if that pendent hadn't have touched his hand he would have been killed. 

He placed one hand on the floor and carefully stood up. His head was beginning to hurt from all the anxiety. What was he going to do the next time Reaper showed his face? 

...

"Let's see." Reaper muttered to himself as he thumbed through a collection of books.

It had been a while since he had touched most of the books in his library, so as he studied the ones on the shelf dust collect on the tip of his finger.

He hadn't touched this particular self in years, being that most of the monsters the books spoke about being extinct, such as zombies, sirens, and werewolves. At least, that's what the world thought. 

Frustrated Reaper almost gave up his research. Maybe Geno just had really strong magic, but that wouldn't explain why his silver pendent burned him. 

Wait a minute. 

"Silver." He spoke as he grasped the necklace within his fist. 

No, he shook his head. It's not possible. 

However, he hesitated to leaves the room, and he couldn't take his sockets off of one book. 

Letting the pendent fall he reached his hand out and pulled it off the dusty shelf, blowing the remaining dust of the cover as to get a better look at the title. He was beginning to feel as if he didn't want to know what Geno was as he reread the  golden letters over and over. 

'The History of Werewolves'

They were supposed to be extinct, the past vampire clans had wiped the species out as to diminish threat. Geo couldn't be one. He was to small and meek and... Reaper didn't want him to be one.