A New Kind of Headache

"If your going to continue to follow me can you at least try to be stealthy about it?" Error growled, suddenly whipping himself around to face his pocket sized travel buddy.

Well, forced pocket sized travel buddy, because as soon as he had freed Ink the other continued to trail him like an actual lost animal, talking his nonexistent ear off for what felt like hours.

He tried to ignore it at first, hoping the other would eventually get bored and wander somewhere else, but after a while he realized that the thought was nothing more than wishful thinking, for the little guy barely stopped chattering to take a breath.

After another few agonizing minutes however he put his foot down. Literally, stomping it like a child and demanding the other get lost. Yet all he had received for a response was a few blinks, showing off rapidly changing eye-lights before Ink resumed his one-sided conversation.

After a few more tries to lose the smallers trail he finally believed he had succeeded, taking a relieved breath as he enjoyed a few seconds of peace before he heard the sound of rustling leaves, happy expression instantly shifting to his usual annoyed one.

The Little menace had climbed into the trees, eagerly jumping from branch to branch with ease, continuing to follow Error like the lost puppy he was.

Again the taller tried to block out the noise, but knowing the other was staring him down made that impossible, so for what seemed like the hundredth time he snapped.

He wanted nothing to do with this skeletal creature, and he was extremely close to just tying him back up with his own hands.

"Ok Ink, seriously, what the hell do you want from me?" Error growled, crossing his arms as he peered up at the other who was now crouched on a wobbly bare branch, tail swaying down behind him.

"Huh, that's a good question..." He muttered, one pinprick shifting to a question mark when he blinked, bringing one hand up to his skull as if he were actually confused.

"Wait, who are you again?" He suddenly asked, peering back down at the other with an amused expression.

Error was practically fuming, screaming to himself with his mouth closed as if he were yelling into a pillow.

Was this guy for real?

"You know what, screw you." He huffed, giving up on his little failed interrogation as he carelessly waved the other off and continued to walk, damp forest leaves crunching underneath his boots.

He was almost home anyway, so he would eventually find peace whenever he slammed his door in the other's face.

Ink giggled for a moment before hopping to another branch, the bark bending slightly and causing the leaves to rustle but not snapping underneath his light feet.

However the same couldn't be said for the next one because as soon as his clawed toes hit the next one a loud crack echoed throughout the area followed by a yelp and a complete crash as Ink came barreling down to the forest floor for the second time that day.

"I'm ok!" He cheered victoriously, shooting up out of a bush covered in dirt, leaves, and small scrapes, tail wagging a storm.

Error let out a long sigh, lowering his head and pinching his nasal bridge.

Why must the world deny him happiness so often?

Meanwhile ink brushed himself off and stepped out of the brush, tripping over an exposed tree root and face-planting to the dirt, this time getting back up as if nothing had happened, jogging up behind the the taller skeleton without a care in the world and a wide smile plastered onto his skull.