Suck it up

Geno lay sideways in a small cream colored armchair, legs hung over the side as flipped through one of the many novel's he owned.

He spent most of his days reading like he was now, the fire blazing in the fireplace illuminating a comfortable warmth throughout the room. Nothing but the sound of the crackling flames and occasional page flip from the book in his hands.

It was just how he preferred things to be. Peaceful. The familiar calming aura made all of his current problems melt away until he would later put the book down.

Speaking of problems, Geno wasn't like most mortals. In fact, he wasn't mortal at all. About a year ago when he had arrived to this village, he decided to venture through the forest along the border. The place had many rumors surrounding it, and he became curious. He never believed in any of the mythical creatures said to roam in it, so he didn't care about full moon hanging high above him that night. For the most part he found the walk quite enjoyable.

However, All of that enjoyment quickly faded when he heard it.

A low growl sounded off behind him in the bushes, and out of them leapt a snarling lycanthrope making no hesitation to dart towards the poor unarmed and frightened skeleton. It mercilessly attacked him, scratching and biting at his bones with the intent to kill.

The beast left behind a ton of chips and scratches on his body, but the worst wound in Geno's opinion was the one on his chest. It was a large noticeable gash that traced from his clavicle all the way down to his lower ribs like an unfinished drawing of an x. On top of that, The beast also managed to tear up one of his sockets badly, taking away the sight in his left eye, leaving him to cover it with an eyepatch.

Long story short, the wounds ended up turning himself into a werewolf, and he hated that. He hated that he had such terrible luck, and he began hating his body even more now that there were millions of ugly gashes and scars scattered about his bones. He hated taking off that eyepatch and staring into the mirror at that now lifeless and empty socket of his, reminding him of how stupid he was to even venture out there in the first place, yet There was nothing he could do to change anything.

Anyways, He never figured out why the werewolf kept him alive, but at this point he could care less. He had other problems to worry about now. The main one being to keep his animal instincts under control.

Other than having no choice to transform on full moons, he thought he was handling this situation as best as he could. He read plenty of books to get to know the supernatural better and learn things about himself. It turns out there had been a lot of information he didn't know, so the manuals had come in

As he continued on with his reading, he was interrupted by some sort of scratch coming from out front. It wasn't that loud, but he could always hear the smallest of sounds. He let out a small irritated sigh in response, not wanting to move from his comfortable position. He figured the source of the sound was Simon, so he knew he wouldn't be able to loaf around for much longer.

Simon was a stray cat that sort of showed up one day. After Geno gave it some food it wouldn't stop showing up for more. He wouldn't complain though. Having some sort of company was nice, even if it was just a cat.

After a few more minutes, he finally tossed the book aside and stood up. Once he did, he stretched his arms high above his skull, hearing a satisfying pop emit from his bones.

"Alright, I'll be there in a second." He chuckled to himself, dusting off his oversized light pink sweater.

He started heading to his kitchen in order to retrieve a bowl of milk for what he thought was the hungry kitty.

Stepping over the threshold into the kitchen he flipped the light on, blinking a few times so his eye could adjust to the sudden brightness. He then proceeded to grab a bowl and fill it with milk, just as he planned to do. When he was done with that, he put the container away and closed the fridge door lazily with his foot. When all of that was done, he turned around and headed to the front door, flipping the kitchen light off as he did so, filling the kitchen with darkness once again.