Burned by the Moon

"Uh, Error, I'm not to sure this is a good idea..." Geno mumbled to his younger cousin, wringing his hands together nervously as the pair trudged through the forbidden part of the woods.

"You think I'm stupid or something?" Error growled, bashing a branch out of their path with a random stick he picked up moments ago.

"I know running around in here is a terrible idea but as much as I hate Fresh I'm not going wait around and let that dumbass get himself killed."

"Language!!!" Geno hissed under his breath, shooting the other a glare before returning to nervously scan their surroundings.

It was fairly obvious he didn't want to be here, but since Error was so damn stubborn sometimes he thought it best to at least accompany his cousin rather than allowing the other to wander off in here on his own.

So here they were, hunting down their even younger cousin who had wandered off without them noticing and disappeared into the tree line much to their horror.

Geno about had a full on anxiety attack earlier when the reality of the situation sunk in, sobbing his little heart out as he desperately ran about his Uncle's yard trying to piece together what to do while facing his complete failure when it came to keeping track of the toddler.

However Error seemed to come up with something before him, because when he finally stopped to try and calm himself he saw the younger charging after where they had seen Fresh go, and Geno about completely lost it.

He immediately took off after him, running as fast as his little slippered feet could carry him while wasting more breath by screaming at the top of his nonexistent lungs for the other to stay put.

Yet of course, his cries met deaf ears, because once Error mind up his mind regarding anything it was pretty much impossible to convince him to do otherwise, the shits he caused mostly on Geno's shoulders in the end.

Now they were stuck in the forest by themselves without anyone knowing, on a mindless journey in a desperate attempt to find the little goober who got them into this mess.

"Anyways shouldn't we just go back get some help from the adults? Ya know, the ones with weapons, and at least an extra brain cell." Geno huffed, turning to face Error for a second while he said that last part.

"Well if your so smart turn around and get them then!" The other retaliated, pausing in his tracks for a moment before bashing in some more brush with a loud 'crack', as well as striking the bark of a tree just for the hell of it.

"No! It's bad enough that Fresh waltzed in here by himself, I'm not going to sit around and wait for you to get yourself lost to!!!"

Geno crossed his arms as he spoke, eyelights continuing to dart around their surroundings as his bones lightly rattled underneath his clothes due to the amount of worry he felt.

"I really don't like this..." He whimpered, cowering in on himself when a strange chill breeze whizzed passed him, ruffling the torn fabric of his scarf.

Error rolled his eyes, choosing to ignore the others whining for a bit and stay focused on his little mission, noisily stomping among the many branches and leaves that littered the forest floor, even if his older cousin would've preferred him to make the least amount of noise possible.

Despite this though, everything seemed to be going fine all up until Geno noticed how the daylight was beginning to fade, almost speaking up again if it weren't for a loud sudden crash echoing around them.

He immediately shrieked and rushed up to Error, his breaths quickening as he laced his arms around the other and desperately gripped the others ribs through his clothes, probably tight enough to suffocate him of it weren't for the fact they didn't have lungs.