1. Leeward

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. ⭒❆⭒ .:**:.☆*.:。.✿

Author: empiresofwater 

Book Title: Leeward

Reviewer: wineetae [Mimi]

Your review~

Chapter One:

Perfect opener for the first chapter. Personally, when I'm reading a book I like to be drawn in from the first chapter and that's exactly what you did. With each line, you're pulling the reader in. The descriptions are the selling point though. While reading, I could create a clear image of the things you talked about which for me, is hard. It's good to not give too much away in the first chapter so that's another thing I liked.

The action scenes were great don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved it but I think things sort of fell off towards the ending? Besides that, Nightingale's character was an interesting one. As a reader, I didn't get much emotion from him. It almost felt as if something were missing the entire time I was reading. Now, that doesn't mean I'm saying I hate his character but, more emotions could've been put in when portraying him.

Chapter Two:

Two chapters in and your writing style is one of the most impressive things I've ever seen. Your attention to detail amazes me. Love the way you give everything a personality. My thoughts on Nightingale in chapter one have completely changed. Getting more scenes and information on him is perfect. I love that you're showing more to this character. Let's talk about the backstory. Usually, writers include the backstories at the wrong time and it almost never fits in with the story but your placement of Nightingale's backstory blended in perfectly with this chapter.

I've personally never read many historic stories but when reading yours it feels like I'm there with the characters. Your way of describing everything really helps understand things more. Though, I must ask. Who are Robert and the woman you mentioned? Will we be getting more of them?

Chapter Three:

This chapter was a bit shorter than the first two but the build-up in the beginning really made up for it and, with the way you write longer chapters aren't a must in my opinion. I'm beyond amazed by your work and how I haven't found a single grammar or spelling issue yet. I am absolutely in love with everything. There's not much to say about this chapter. So far, this was my favorite one. Loved the intensity throughout the chapter. Again, a perfect way to throw in a bit of backstory.

Chapter Four:

Wow okay. I didn't expect such a lengthy chapter. It seems I am always proven wrong every time I make a comment on something. Although I didn't want to mention this in the previous chapters, how does Nightingale look? As the MC of the story, I think there should be a bit more visual description of how he looks. I'd like to imagine him just as I imagine everything else.

Another MC was introduced if I'm not mistaken? I can't wait to see what their relationship with Nightingale will be like because there doesn't seem to be any real issues between them at the moment.

Smooth transitions between each sentence/paragraph. You don't go over the top with your writing. It's not too much but at the same time, it doesn't leave me thinking that something is missing. The build-up is a bit slow, though. Everything else is fine.

Chapter Five:

Okay, forget what I said in chapter four. This chapter is my favorite. My god are you talented. Your story deserves so much more recognition because this chapter was beautiful. Exquisite. I'm emotionally connected to the characters, especially Nightingale. The small hints towards his eye injury are nice. It doesn't give it away instantly but instead hints at it and keeps the reader guessing. I can relate to Nightingale the most. He's quirky and awkward.

With each chapter, everything is getting more intense. Great pacing in this chapter.

Chapter Six:

Words cannot describe my emotions after this chapter. Just wow. Let's start with what Nightingale went through. I felt so bad for him when he had to pick. Even if it was hard for him he knew he had to do it. It was an uncomfortable scene to read but Nightingale's leadership skills are finally starting to show more. I never knew punishments were like that during that time and you gave me a perfect understanding of what took place. As a reader, I got a lot of insight from this chapter. The pace and intensity tie everything together quite well. Great chapter overall. Can't wait for the next update.

Book Title: 5/5

Book Cover: 4/ 5

Synopsis: 5/5

Characters: 8.5/10

Vocabulary: 10/10

Grammar: 15/15

Emotions: 10/10 (would give more if I could)

Plot and Storyline: 19/20

Writing Skill: 10/10

Personal Enjoyment: 8.5/10

Total: 90/100

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. ⭒❆⭒ .:**:.☆*.:。.✿

Thank You for choosing Boy With Luv Alley Review Shop. We hope the review would be able to help you. Please don't feel down and try improving yourself~

Thank you  wineetae for spending your precious time for the community!

Do not forget to permanently follow the reviewer! Reviewers may PM us if the reviewee hasn't followed you

See you soon! 

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. ⭒❆⭒ .:**:.☆*.:。.✿