Part 2

A few weeks go by and you settle into your new job. It was pretty simple, you picked up everything up pretty quick. You had managed to spend a few of your breaks with Marcel, Colt and Reiner. You liked the goofiness of Colt, Marcel was laid back and Reiner seemed to keep himself distanced from you. Only talking to you when needed. You thought nothing of it, maybe that's just how he is.

Sitting back in your chair, raising your arms up to stretch, you hear a knock on your door. Before you can answer, Sasha comes in " hey (y/n)! How are you doin'?" You look up at Sasha who is now leant on your desk, eating an apple. "Good thanks. You ok?" Taking another bite out of her apple she responds with her mouth full "not too bad. So, my friend is having a party at theirs tonight and he said to invite you. Please say you'll go?" You take a moment to think. It would give you a chance to meet new people and it's not like you had other plans "sure, sounds good to me" you say with a smile. "Great, I'll pick you up later then" she says, moving away from the desk. You give a quick wave as she leaves your office.

You rushed home and showered. Spending more time trying to figure out what to wear. You were always indecisive. Eventually you picked out a pair of black skinny jeans with a sparkly top to match. In the back of your mind you could hear your friend Ina telling you off for wearing all black. But she wasn't here. You put your new boots on that you had bought a few weeks ago to finish the outfit. Looking at yourself in the mirror you started doing you make-up. You were yet to find somewhere near by that offered eyebrow and eyelash services, so you had no choice but to put a bit of mascara on as well. You look down to see that Sasha had messaged you that she was 5 minutes away. Checking your handbag to make sure you had everything, you pulled it up on your shoulder and headed off to meet Sasha.

You pull up to a very large house on a quiet street. You could see people hanging around outside in the garden. The entrance had lights entwined around the arch way. You follow Sasha through the front door. You were feeling a little bit nervous now. You both were then greeted by a guy with a shaved head. A big smile lit up on his face as he held out his arms to Sasha "Sasha! It's so good to see you!" as he embraces Sasha with a hug. "this must be (y/n)!" he turns to you and gives you a hug as well. "please Connie, tell me there's food here. I'm starving!" asks Sasha, practically drooling at the mention of food. With a sigh Connie says "you know where the kitchen is" and with that Sasha runs for the kitchen "and don't eat it all!" he shouts out to her. You let out a little laugh. "help yourself to anything (y/n)!" Connie says as he walks off towards the kitchen. You look round as you hear familiar voices. Following them you end up in what you guessed was the living room. Marcel, Reiner, Bertholdt and Colt were sat in a group on one of the large corner sofas. Towards the back of the room you could see Porco talking with a girl with long black hair and an older guy with round glasses and a beard. "(y/n)!!" Colt calls out "you didn't tell us you were coming" you walk towards the group, Marcel moving over so you could sit down. "I only knew about it this afternoon" you say. Everyone was drinking and it was obvious to you that Colt had already had one too many. His cheeks flushed red and as you listened to the conversation his words were slurred. Every now and then you noticed Marcel turning round to look at you. Always with that smile on his face. Reiner was quiet, he also kept glancing over at you that it made you feel a little uncomfortable. "are you not drinking (y/n)?" asks Marcel. You hadn't realised until now that you hadn't got yourself a drink yet. "I'm just going to grab one now".

You head out into the kitchen. You could see what little was left of the food that had been put out for everyone. You felt a little sick as you imagine that it was probably Sasha that had eaten most of it. Spotting the various drinks towards the end of the table you grab a cup. Deciding on vodka and coke you start unscrewing the lid. "you must be Sasha's friend" a voice says from behind you. It made you jump. Turning round you see a guy with dark brown hair and very bright green eyes. Where did he come from?  "Hi I'm (y/n)!" you say with a smile. "the name's Eren." Eren holds out his hand for you to shake. You put the bottle down and take his hand. As soon as your hand touches his, you feel a shock run up your arm, making you pull away "sorry! static shock!" you apologise hurriedly. You shake your hand about to try and get some feeling back into it. As you look up at Eren he is just stood there looking like he'd seen a ghost. "Everything ok in here" another voice, it's Porco. Giving Eren an irritated look he steps closer. "I'll speak to later (y/n)" Eren says  before leaving the kitchen. You go back to filling your cup up as Porco walks over to you "he wasn't giving you any trouble I hope?". You look round to see Porco leaning over you. Close enough for you to smell his cologne. You feel your chest flutter a bit by his closeness. "I've only just met him, err, did you want a drink as well?" you ask, looking back up to Porco, he doesn't move. He's looking down over you with a smirk showing his rather large canine teeth. "Didn't know you drink" he says, taking a sip out of your cup. "hey! that's mine!" Porco takes the cup and holds it up so you can't reach it. He continues to smirk at you. With a pout, you grab another cup and start filling it up again. "You look good by the way" he says putting your cup back down. You feel your cheeks heating up at the compliment. "T-thank you". "Come on, let's go back to the others" he says taking the newly filled cup off you.

When you return Colt is now asleep in the chair. You sit back down next to Marcel and Porco sits the other side of you. " I didn't realise I was gone so long" you chuckle, pointing at Colt. " He does this everytime" says Reiner, shaking his head. "He'll pay for it in the morning" says Marcel, leaning back into the couch. You take a sip of your drink, trying not to laugh at the state of Colt. " How are you getting home tonight?" asks Porco. "I'm guessing Sasha is going to take me, but I'm not sure where she's gone". You hadn't seen her since she dashed off to feed. You decide you'll look for her later.

As the evening goes on you feel yourself relax with the help of your drinks. You met a few more of Sasha and Connie's friends. There was Armin, a blonde boy with blue eyes. He had such a baby face. A girl named Mikasa, which you later found out was partners with Eren. You decided that you did not want to get on her bad side. Lastly a guy called Jean. None of them were part of the military you noted. "so where do you come from (y/n)?" slurred Reiner. "I'm from a little island. You've probably never heard of it" you say. You still didn't feel comfortable letting people know much about you yet. You were met with silence from everyone. Just staring at you "what? is it something I said?" you ask worriedly. It was Marcel that broke the silence, patting you on the back "no, no, we just don't know many people that come from that far away. It's always a bit of a shock when we do meet someone from outside the military". Looking round to see everyone's faces you finally look at Porco. He looks deep in thought. Feeling like now is probably the best time to leave, you decide to go find Sasha. " ha-ha, well, I'm gonna go find Sasha. I'll see you all sometime tomorrow!" before you could give anyone a chance to reply you dart off out of the room. 

After a few minutes wandering around the house, you're unable to find Sasha. You had even tried calling her but it kept going straight to voicemail. After a short while you decide you were just gonna walk home. Your drink fuelled brain convincing you that you knew the way home and you didn't want to pay for a taxi. At least you had bought a jacket with you as it was cold outside. The air might even do you some good. 

You probably shouldn't have worn your new boots as you could feel the blisters forming on your feet. You find a low wall to sit on as you take off your boots. The cold air soothing the soreness. You get back up and try to walk on your bare feet. You knew they were gonna filthy once you got home. But the thought of giving them a nice warm soak made the walk more bearable. After some time you're still walking, humming to yourself as you walk along side the main road. Your head felt a little swimmy. You knew that you were a light drinker, so why did you allow yourself to have more than what you could handle? You tread upon something hard and sharp, making you lose your balance as you fall into the hedge. You felt your skin get scratched by the bristles in amongst the hedge. As your body comes to a hault, you just lie there, laughing at yourself. Making no attempt to get up, you just stay there as you feel your eyelids getting heavy.

You don't notice the figures peering down on you.