Xena I: Ascension

I was born in Seratonium. It was a glorious forest at the time, prospering with farms and teeming with fae. My name was Zaria. I had a beautiful wife who was a priestess at the local church. We loved each other. 

But some men didn't like that. I don't remember much now, but they murdered my wife in front of me before they slit my throat too.

I woke in Mother Gaia's cavern. She made me a deal I couldn't refuse. She offered to let me ascend to be the second risen god. 

I was reborn as Xena, the God of Logic. My domains are strategy, war, and thought. I was deemed the Sword of Justice.

Then she spit me back up on Seratonium.

My clothes were still stained with my wife's blood. Filled with rage, I stabbed that sword into the earth. I commanded my power into the planet.

I watched Seratonium burn.

Little did I know Mother Gaia would send her daughter to quell my anger. Before me, on this burning planet, stood Titania. She was gorgeous.

She ripped my sword out, cuffing me. She held on to me; we crashed into Evenectine.

"What are you doing?" She threw the sword at my feet. "You cannot burn planets at will."

"They murdered my wife," I growled.

Titania blinked at me. "Your wife?"

"Yes, my wife," I pulled at the restraints. "Let me go."

"You are to face trial for traitorous behavior," she glared at me. "As gods, we have jobs to do the right thing, not do as we wish."

"Take me to trial then," I hissed at her. "I dream to argue my case before the judges."

"Well," Titania hesitated. "There's a slight delay to our travels."

"What do you mean?"

"I only had the power to travel one planet. I need to wait until I have enough magic restored in order to do it again."

"Are you kidding me?" I got in her face. "You are dragging this out?"

"I don't have much of a choice," she argued back. "Come, let's go."

"My sword," I gestured.

Titania grabbed my weapon, tying it to her back. She guided me forward without much of a destination.

The longer I spent with Titania, the more I started to admire her. Despite my promises not to run, how could you run from something as beautiful as that? Titania never let me go. We journeyed together, with Titania's arm constantly against my back. I became more infatuated with her lovely face, perfect poise, and concise way of speaking. 

"Did Mother Gaia purposely make you this alluring?" I had asked her one night.

"I suppose that is just the way of the created gods," Titania nodded.

"You are the prettiest fae I've ever met."

"Thank you," she blushed. 

Yet, it was not without anguish. Falling in love with Titania also brought on the fear of leaving behind my dutiful wife. With each day that passed, I felt I was losing her, losing my edge. I felt mad at myself for letting her go. My life was cut short because of who I loved. Her life was ruined, too. How could I forgive that?

Yet Titania was so sweet. She was innocent. She kept me very close to her. She was something new and something genuine.

"May I ask you a favor?" I pleaded with her.