Chapter 6:Brown Curls and Lemon

Brown curls and Lemon

We made it back to the apartment and Cass fumbled with the keys trying to get the door unlocked.

"Gimme that." Fleur said before snatching the keys out of her hand, unlocking the door and gesturing us inside.

Cass glared at her and walked inside and I giggled shaking my head. She walked over to a cabinet, moving stuff out of the way before moving a brown piece of wood on the bottom of the cabinet that made it seem deeper. She pulled out a bottle and 3 glasses that were short and circular on top with a stem like the martini glass.

"Let the party continue" she said, turning around with her arms in the air, one bottle in one hand and glasses in the other.

I laughed at her making my way to the kitchen where she set the glasses and the bottle down bumping Fleur as she walked.

"Aye aye aye, get out of my kitchen!" Fleur yelled, cussing something at her under her breath in Italian.

I didn't understand her but from the look on Cass's face I could tell it was not nice. I shook my head, removing my gloves and walking to the dining table to set my things down. I folded my gloves neatly into my hand bag and removed my coat, setting it on the coat rack.

I dug through my bag collecting my clothes to rest in. "bathroom?" I questioned and they pointed me in the direction as they continued to yell at each other in Italian. I watched Cass slap Fleur upside the head and laughed making my way to the bathroom.

I unzipped my dress and slid it off my body before folding it neatly and setting it on the sink. I slid off my stocking and undid my garter belt and bra sighing in relief. I stacked them together and slid on my nightgown. It was cream colored silk with lace trimming on the bottom that fell just below my knees and had a slit on the right side. It was thinly strapped but had a modest panel of lace in front of my chest. I had this sleepwear for a while and it was a bit small so the slit came higher up on my thigh then it originally had. I paired the gown with a matching silk cream robe that slid lightly against the floor. I wet a cloth and started to wipe my face clean of makeup and sweat. My green eyes popped against my tanned skin and a bit of redness filled my face from cleaning myself of makeup.

I rinsed out the cloth with soap and hung it on a hook to dry. I gathered my things and made my way out of the bathroom and back to my bags. My robe drug behind me and I held my clothes close to my body. I had realized that Cass and Fleur had stopped arguing now and I smiled with relief.

I made my way to my bag, setting my things inside it. I pulled out my brush that was silver handled and soft bristled. I took out my silver comb that held my hair, letting my long brown hair, full of curls fall to just above my butt. I placed the comb into my hand bag for safe keeping and turned to Cass and Fleur as I pulled my hair to the side and started brushing it. When I looked at them I realized they were both staring at me and Fleur's dough started to fall down her arm from the fist she had placed under it.

"Umm Fleur, you're gonna drop the dough in the sink." I said with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh shit" she said under her breath and caught the dough before turning the other way and continued to make the pizza.

Cass stood in the same spot staring at me with a raised eyebrow and a hand on her hip "What is something wrong, oh my gosh is there something on my face?" I asked, trying to look at myself in the reflection of my silver brush.

"Um no when were you gonna show us all this?" she gestured to me.

I took a deep breath realizing I wasn't looking crazy. "What? Is it just my sleep wear?" I questioned and made my way to the edge of the couch finishing brushing out my hair.

"You look like a goddess!" She said throwing her hands up gesturing towards me

"You're being ridiculous, this is just how I look normally." I said, rolling my eyes and shaking my head.

"No you're just blind." she said walking over to me thumping me on my head "ow" I said with a pout rubbing my head. "You're even cute when you pout, that is not fair." she said, pointing at me with an attitude.

"Okay Cass calm down, have a drink." Fleur said, coming over and handing us both a glass of a pale yellow liquid.

"The pies are in the oven and they should be done in about 20 minutes." she says walking to the kitchen to grab her glass. I took a sip of the yellow liquid and bitter, sweet, and strong filled my taste buds.

"What is this? It was the best I had all night!" I said taking another sip. Fleur came over with a deep chuckle that could make any one swoon.

"It is my own, it is gin, lemon juice, and a bit of honey." she said, almost proud of herself. I walked to my bag putting my hair brush away and pushed my hair to my back with only a few pieces framing my face now.

Fleur sat on one side of the couch and Cass sat in the chair across. I walked over sitting across from Fleur on the other side of the couch and pulled my legs up sitting on my hip.

"Cass was right though." Fleur says, taking a sip of her drink. I raise an eyebrow at her bringing the cold liquid to my lips "You do look beautiful."

I could feel my neck and cheeks warm as I sipped my drink. "Thank you."

"Oh my gosh Fleur! She's Blushing!" Cass said pointing at me.

I quickly put a hand up to my cheek. "Will you stop? I am just not used to being complimented!" I shook my head, my drink now becoming the most interesting thing in the world.

"I find that very hard to believe." Fleur laughed as she sipped her beverage.

"Well believe it because it's true." I said raising my glass to them slightly.

Alcohol consumed me as I giggled at our back and forth conversations. My body felt heavy and so did my eyes. I blinked trying to clear my blurring vision. I yawn slightly, rubbing my eyes and leaning into Fleur. I feel her body stiffen under me, but feel too comfortable to move.

Darkness starts to consume me and the sound of Cass's and Fleurs turn into a low hum. "Think she drank enough?" I heard Cass snicker before feeling myself lifted into the air. No matter how hard I wished for my eyes to open and my body to move I couldn't.

"Cass, help me, go open your door." I heard Fleur whisper before feeling a gentle hand move my head to a shoulder as I was carried.

The creaking of a bedroom door opening filled my ears and soon the softness of a bed reached my back and my exhaustion filled me more. A blanket covered my body and warmth consumed every inch of my body.

My hair was pushed my face by the same gentle hand and as it left I reached for it wanting the soft comforting touch to never leave. "If you ever tell anyone about this I will murder you." Fleur's stern voice said. A soft smile pulled at my lips and with that darkness filled my body sending me into a deep sleep.