Chapter 7:Pills in a gold tin

Chapter 8:

Pills in a Gold Tin

"Good morning sunshine!!" a sing-song voice filled my ears and then the bright burning light of the sun followed by a pang in my head.

I grunted throwing a pillow over my head "Close those damn curtains and be quiet." I said, rolling myself away from the windows.

"Oh my gosh Evie, did you just cuss." Cass's sarcastic words filled the room and I felt around the bed for another pillow before grabbing it and throwing it behind me in her general direction. Cass yelped and I heard footsteps running towards her room.

"What happened?" I heard Fleur yell followed by a gasp from Cass.

"She is abusing me, she just tried to throw this pillow at me." Cass said dramatically.

"I got out of bed for that?" Fleur said before walking away. I heard cabinets opening and water running.

"You are being so dramatic. You should be in a picture show." I rolled my eyes, keeping the pillow close to my face. I felt a firm tap on my pillow and I pulled the edge up seeing Fleur with a gold tin in her hand and a glass of water.

"Take one of these and drink the water, it will help with the ache." She said.

I sat up, my hair following behind me like a sea of red and took the water and one of the small white pills from the tin. "I just swallow it?" I asked and she nodded at me. I placed the pill on my tongue and swigged it back with water.

"Now, come on, we need to get ready for work." Cass said with an eye roll and her hands on her hips.

"What?!" I yelled jumping from the bed. "What time is it!" I said quickly covering myself with my robe remembering how I was dressed from the night before.

"Oh so now you want to be modest, and relax only half past six." Fleur said with a smirk as she walked from the door.

"Shit, shit shit." I said running out of my room collecting my clothes from my bag.

"What is wrong?" Cass asked, following me around as I ran through the apartment.

"I am supposed to be there at seven today because I am leaving early to move to my apartment today!" I quickly ran into the bathroom throwing off my clothes and throwing on my clean ones.

"Oh my god my eyes! They burn." Cass said, covering her eyes as I tossed on my blouse.

"I am in a rush. I have no time for your sarcasm." I said, rolling my eyes and throwing my night clothes at her. I tucked my blouse into my skirt as I ran around looking for my shoes. "Shoes shoes shoes" I mumbled to myself.

"By the door" Fleur said from the kitchen pointing. I mouthed a 'thank you' slipping them on my feet. I ran my fingers through my curly hair quickly before rolling it into a low bun with my signature silver pin. "I am just gonna leave my bags here. I will pick them up after shift." I said grabbing my hand bag running up to Cass giving a quick peck on the cheek and then the same to Fleur.

"Thank you, thank you. see you guys at work." I took a glance at the clock and saw it was now 6:45, a record for how quickly I had gotten dressed.

I bolted out the door and down the stairs. Thankfully the company was only about a ten minute walk from their apartment. I strutted down the street quickly, but did not run to maintain modesty, but kept my pace quick. I took a deep breath when I finally reached the building with the golden doors.

"Thank god." I pulled the door open, straightening my shoulders back and walking in.

"And right on time, I surely thought you would be late." My father stood in front of me holding his watch up on his wrist "good morning sweet heart." he said leaning in and placing a kiss on my cheek. I held my breath until he stood back praying he did not smell a reminisce of booze.

"Good morning father."

***

"Operator, how may I direct your call?" I spoke through the phone line.

"Is this Evie?" A male voice asked through the line.

My cheeks heated "One second let me transfer you to my private number." I moved the cords and the private phone next to my station rang. I removed my headset and picked up the station phone.

"Hello" I said sweetly.

"I tried to call your apartment number, but it seems to not be working." The male voice dripped in masculinity spoke over the phone.

"I told you It wouldn't be ready until Saturday, it's only Thursday, Leo" My voice came out smooth and I twirled a finger around the cord. A chuckle came from the man and it made a shiver go down my spine.

"I just couldn't wait." He said and a smile picked at my cheeks.

Cassie looked over at me with raised eyebrows and a smirk, but I waved her away as she turned to face the wall on the phone. "How may I help you Leo?" I said sensually through the phone making sure her voice dropped at level.

"I was wondering if maybe we could have dinner tonight, If you are available that is." He said and I covered the speaker of the phone as I tried to contain my quiet excitement.

I cleared my throat before continuing the act. "Unfortunately Mr. Leo, I will be with my father tonight moving into my new apartment." I said smoothly.

"What a shame, I was really hoping to see you again." I laughed at his words.

"It's only been a few hours, must have made an impression if you miss me already." I couldn't stop myself as I twirled a piece of my hair that wasn't tucked neatly back into my bun.

"I couldn't possibly stand going a day without you." He said teasingly.

I laughed this time through the phone "Well then Mr. Leo, I am having a party Saturday evening to break in my new apartment. If you would like to attend." I smirked through the phone as I pretended not to care.

"I shall be there, I will bring the booze." He said and a smile played across my face

"Come early will you? Say about five?" I asked, the party was scheduled to start at six thirty so I knew it would give me enough time to hide any booze from my father and after he left about seven they could let the real fun begin.

"Of course, I will be there at five." He said and she could hear his smile.

"Now Mr.Leo, I have a very important job to do and I must get back to it." I teased through the phone.

"Alright gorgeous, I will see you Saturday." We said their goodbyes and the phone ended and a smirk played on my face.

"Was that Leo?" Cassie wiggled her eyebrows as Fleur came over wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"Are we already trying to find potential Suitors? Already tired of having to work hard?" Fleur teased and I rolled her eyes crossing her arm over her chest.

"No, Just because you guys think I am innocent. Doesn't mean I actually am." I sassed and they both raised their eyebrows as in saying 'tell me more'. I threw my hands up rolling my eyes with a sigh " I have had sex, and I like to continue to have sex okay?" She dropped her voice to a whisper and leaned in as she spoke to her friends. Both of their eyes widened in honest shock.

"You dirty girl." Cassie teased, tiptoeing her fingers up my arm. She laughed and swatted her fingers away

"Keep your voice down, I don't need the whole shift to know." We all laughed and looked around to make sure nobody heard anything.

"So I heard about a party?" Fleur wiggled her eyebrows and Cassie nodded her head excitedly.

"Yes , Saturday, be there at five, and the only reason you're invited is because Cassie is." Fleur put a hand to her heart as if she was wounded. I just shook my head before turning back to my station to continue work. Fleur and Cass returned to their stations as the sound of ringing began again as if signaling them to get back to work.